American Standard is a popular North American manufacturer of plumbing, kitchen and bathroom accessories. Additionally, this company is known for its competitive pricing and durable toilets.
In fact, it competes for the neck to neck with premium brands like Kohler and Toto. They have been in the business for decades and definitely know how to make a high-quality toilet at a fraction of the price.
Here is what you can expect when choosing an American Standard toilet:
- High reliability. Their toilets are built to last a lifetime
- More cost-effective pricing when compared to the competition
- Efficient water consumption that helps you save money on your water bill
- Easy to install and easy to use
If you’re interested in an American Standard toilet, then you will definitely not regret it because their toilets are durable, efficient and value for money. Below we give you a handpicked selection of some of the best American Standard toilets for the money. Without any further ado, let’s begin!
What To Check Before Buying Best American Standard Toilet?
1. Size and Shape
The size of your American Standard toilet will depend on the installation space that you have available. If you have a small toilet with a small installation space, then it is always best to go with a smaller toilet. On the other hand, if size is not an issue, you can choose any toilet size depending on your preference.
When it comes to the shape, it will dictate how ergonomic it is. Most American Standard toilets are actually ergonomic and made for a wide range of people. However, the elongated shape is usually the most comfortable to sit on for an extended period of time.
If you are on a short budget, then you are probably best choosing a round shape because this is usually the cheapest type of American Standard toilet that you can buy.
2. Water Consumption
Water efficiency is directly linked to the water consumption of the toilet. The higher the water consumption that the toilet has, the less efficient it can be assumed to be. This will reflect directly on your water bill. So, if you live in an area where water is expensive, then it is best to go with a model that has a low water consumption.
For most people, a toilet like the American Standard 2888.216.222 with water consumption of only 1.0 GPF will be more than enough.
But if a small family of more than 3 members will be using the toilet, then it is usually best to go with a model that has a water consumption of 1.6 GPF or more.
Even if a heavy-duty toilet consumes more water, it has a superior ability to drain a lot of wastage quickly and easily. It is also equipped with technologies that help clean the bowl every time you flush.
The design is mostly for aesthetics and rarely reflects on the efficiency of the toilet. If you find a top-rated American Standard toilet that you like, then go ahead and buy it. Additionally, you may want to look at different color preferences if the manufacturer offers one to match the color scheme of your bathroom better.
4. Easy to Clean
Most American Standard toilets are made from vitreous china. Vitreous china is a type of material that is not only reflective but also extremely easy to clean because it prevents stuff from sticking to it. Most of the time, all that you will need to clean your American Standard toilet is a piece of cloth, and that’s it.
Also, you may want to go with a model that has a specially treated surface like EverClean that will prevent the formation of mold, mildew, and bacteria. This type of toilet will definitely be more hygienic to use.
Even if American Standard makes cost-effective toilets, that does not mean that they are cheap.
Indeed, this bathroom accessory can be quite expensive, and prices can quickly get out of hand. So, we recommend that you make a budget when purchasing an American Standard toilet and stick to that budget.
7 Best American Standard Toilets of 2021 Reviewed
1. American Standard 2888.216.222 (Best Efficiency)
2. American Standard 270BD001.020 (Powerful Flushing Capabilities)
3. American Standard 2403.128.021 (Affordable & Efficient)
4. American Standard 2862.056.020 (Heavy-duty Flushing)
5. American Standard 2034314.020 (Excellent Price to Performance)
6. American Standard 2988.101.020 (Perfect Height for Anyone)
7. American Standard 2989.101.020 (Small but Powerful)
1. American Standard 2888.216.222 – Best Efficiency
When it comes to water efficiency, the H20ption is one of the ruling Kings from American Standard. Indeed, this highly efficient toilet consumes only 1.0 GPF of water which is less than the industry standard of 1.28 GPF.
With this toilet, you will be able to have some significant savings over your water bill in the long term. If you live in an area where water is expensive, then the H20ption is definitely one of the best flushing American Standard toilets that you can currently buy.
Also, the surface of this toilet is made from EverClean which is specially treated surface which prevents the growth of mold, mildew and other bacteria. It will be more hygienic when compared to a similar model, and it’s much easier to clean. All that you need is a regular cloth for the cleaning, and you will get a mirror shine finish every time.
- Low water consumption of 1.0 GPF. Very water efficient
- EverClean surface. Prevents the growth of mold, mildew, and materials
- 2-piece toilet. Easy to install by beginners
- Made from vitreous china. Durable and long-lasting
- The cover seat of this toilet is sold separately
- It is more expensive than other models
2. American Standard 270BD001.020 – Powerful Flushing Capabilities
In terms of looks, this toilet from American Standard will definitely not win any awards. However, looks aside, this is a very powerful toilet that can flush any type of wastage quickly and easily. It is able to do so because it uses a powerful flushing technology that not only flush is but also cleans the bowl every time.
Best, the surface of this toilet is antimicrobial which means that it will inhibit the growth of mold, mildew, and bacteria. You are left with a more hygienic and cleaner toilet. But what we like the most about this model is that it is ADA approved, so it is suitable for people with disabilities.
Indeed, with its height of 19.2 inches, it is not too short all not too tall to accommodate people of any height easily. Also, the build construction from vitreous china is superb, and this toilet should technically last a lifetime if maintained properly.
The only caveat we note with this toilet is that the seat is not included with the toilet. You will have to purchase it separately. But other than this, this is an excellent model to consider, especially for people with disabilities.
- ADA approved. Suitable for people with disabilities
- Powerful flushing technology. Able to flush any type of waste quickly and easily
- It can accommodate people of any height
- The surface is easy to clean and antimicrobial
- The flush handle needs to be held for longer periods for it to flush the bowl completely
- The seat is not included
3. American Standard 2403.128.021 – Affordable and Efficient
The Cadet 3 is an affordable toilet by American Standard. But best, this is a highly efficient toilet that consumes only 1.28 GPF of water. And despite its low water consumption, it is still able to clear wastage from the bowl very effectively.
This is because the Cadet 3 is equipped with WaterSense technology which sends a powerful stream of water on all sides of the bowl during flushing without so much wasting water. Even if this model is not the most powerful model you will find in this review, it still does a great job of clearing away wastage quickly.
When it comes to hygiene, you have nothing to worry about as this model has a special surface called EverClean which prevents the growth of bacteria. It is also extremely easy to clean.
But what separates this model from the rest of the competition is its relatively affordable price. Considering the vitreous china build construction of this model, low water consumption and heavy-duty flushing system, the Cadet 31 is a top-rated American Standard toilet that you should consider especially if you are on a short budget.
- Affordable. Value for money
- Efficient water consumption. Prevents wastage
- EverClean surface. The surface is easy to clean as well as antimicrobial
- Easy to install by beginners
- The flush is slow and takes time to clear the bowl
4. American Standard 2862.056.020 – Heavy-duty Flushing
When it comes to power, few models can beat the Fairfield by American Standard. In fact, this model has been built purely for heavy-duty flushing as it is able to clear a lot of ways very quickly. It does so by employing a powerful siphon system that sucks wastage down every time the flush handle is pressed.
And even if this model consumes more water when compared to competing models, with its 1.6 GPF water consumption, it still uses that water fairly absently. This model is ideally suited for those who have a family of 3 members or more.
Moreover, the build construction of this toilet is simply superb. It is made from vitreous china which is very durable and long-lasting. Also, it looks quite aesthetically pleasing as well as it has elegant contours that will uplift the looks of any bathroom.
When it comes to installation, you have nothing to worry about as it comes with a full installation kit, including the bolts to secure it to the floor. If you have never installed a toilet before, you will have no difficulty with the Fairfield.
- Powerful and heavy-duty flushing system.
- Aesthetically pleasing. Modern looking toilet
- Comes with all installation accessories. Easy to install by beginners
- A little bit noisy due to the more powerful flushing system
5. American Standard 2034314.020 – Excellent Price to Performance
One of the most distinguishing features of the Champion-4 is its excellent price to performance ratio. This model consumes 1.6 GPF of water, so it is a little on the high-end when it comes to water consumption. However, it puts this extra water usage to good use as this model has a superior flushing power.
Indeed, it will be able to flush any type of wastage very easily as well as help in cleaning the bowl while doing so. Since this is a one-piece toilet, it is more difficult to install by one person, but the company has made all provisions for you to install it securely.
There are mounting holes at the base as well as the back to secure it firmly in position. You will definitely not have any problem installing this toilet even if this is the first time you do so.
Also, one good thing about this model is that you can purchase it in 3 different colors to suit the color scheme of your bathroom. Even if this is not the most modern looking toilet on the market, it still does a great job to stand out.
If you need a cost-effective and high-performing toilet, this unit is definitely one of the best models in this American Standard toilet review.
- High-performance flushing system
- Excellent price to performance ratio
- Easy to install by beginners despite being a one-piece toilet
- The surface is very easy to clean
- The seats are not the most comfortable
- Shipping packaging could have been more secure
6. American Standard 2988.101.020 – Perfect Height for Anyone
What this toilet definitely got right is its sweet spot height of 15.8 inches. Indeed, with this height, it is ideally suited for people of any height, whether it is a child, an elderly person or an adult of average size.
Considering the fact that it is made from vitreous china, it is durable and long-lasting.
Additionally, the surface contains EverClean technology, so it is extremely easy to clean and all that you will need is a clean and dry piece of cloth. It will prevent the growth of mold, mildew, and bacteria as well as making the toilet more hygienic to use.
Since this toilet uses only 1.28 GPF or water, it is extremely water efficient and will prevent wastage of this precious resource. This will reflect directly on your water bill. If water is expensive where you live, then the Cadet 3 by American Standard is an excellent model to consider.
The only problems we have with this toilet is that it is a bit expensive. The price could have been better. Also, the bowl is smaller when compared to other toilets.
- Perfect height of 15.8 inches. Ideal for any person of any height
- Efficient water consumption. Uses only 1.28 GPF of water to flush
- Durable and long-lasting
- EverClean surface makes it easy to clean. Also protects it against mold, mildew, and bacteria
- The price could have been a little bit more competitive
- Smaller bowl when compared to other similarly priced toilets
7. American Standard 2989.101.020 – Small but Powerful
As its name suggests, the Concealed by American Standard is a small and compact toilet that does not take a lot of installation space. It has a height of 15.8 inches which means that it is ideally suited for anyone of any height, whether it is a child or a full-grown adult.
Additionally, this top-rated American Standard toilet has excellent water efficiency since it only has a water consumption of 1.28 GPF, so it will not consume a lot of water. The surface of this toilet is treated with EverClean, so it is very easy to clean as well as will provide an added protection against microbes.
This toilet uses a powerful siphon system which will evacuate the bowl very quickly without consuming a lot of water. It also does so fairly silently as well.
The only caveat we note with this model is that it is a bit more difficult to install by beginners. However, it is still highly achievable even if you have no experience installing a toilet before.
- Powerful flushing system despite its small form factor
- Efficient water consumption of 1.28 GPF
- The excellent height of 15.8 inches. Ideal for anyone of any height
- More difficult to install by beginners
We finally come to an end of this American Standard Toilet review.
Clearly, American Standard is a superior brand when it comes to toilets. They have models like the American Standard 2888.216.222 which is unbeatable when it comes to water efficiency.
And if you need a heavy-duty toilet that will flush down anything, then consider the American Standard 270BD001.020. Its performance speaks for itself.
In this post:
- What To Check Before Buying Best American Standard Toilet?
- 7 Best American Standard Toilets of 2021 Reviewed
- 1. American Standard 2888.216.222 – Best Efficiency
- 2. American Standard 270BD001.020 – Powerful Flushing Capabilities
- 3. American Standard 2403.128.021 – Affordable and Efficient
- 4. American Standard 2862.056.020 – Heavy-duty Flushing
- 5. American Standard 2034314.020 – Excellent Price to Performance
- 6. American Standard 2988.101.020 – Perfect Height for Anyone
- 7. American Standard 2989.101.020 – Small but Powerful