Ceramic frying pans have quickly grown in popularity over the last decades. This is due to their many benefits and this makes them a top choice for many shoppers.
A ceramic frying pan is long-lasting, distributes heat evenly, is eco-friendly, and you can cook with it on different stove types, including in the oven.
The use of ceramic also makes the pans very attractive, as they can come with different colors and patterns. They are easy to clean and need very little oil for cooking.
Still, there are differences between the different offers out there. So, this ceramic frying pan review offers you a list of the top pans in the market, plus a buying guide to help you make the right choice.
Ceramic Frying Pan Buying Guide
Following are the most important of these differences that you’ll need to understand and keep an eye out for.
1. Pure vs Coated Ceramic Pans
First, you need to understand that there are two major types of ceramic frying pans. There are pure ceramic pans that get made entirely from ceramic and there are ceramic-coated pans which get made from metal and are then coated with ceramic.
Most of the ceramic frying pans that you’ll find are ceramic coated, but there are still those made entirely from ceramic, although they cost much more than the coated variety.
Unless you have any specific reason for pure ceramic pans, you should know that ceramic-coated frying pans are totally okay.
2. Check Size & Shape of Ceramic Frying Pan
Most ceramic frying pans are round with slight variations to design and size. Your choice of pan size will depend on what you intend to cook and for how many people you are cooking for.
You’ll find different styles of ceramic frying pans in different colors and in different designs. Your choice here will depend on your personal taste and on your kitchen’s design.
3. Check Ceramic Frying Pan Material
Asides from pure ceramic frying pans, coated-ceramic pans get built with different types of metal before getting coated with ceramic.
Each of these types of materials has its advantages and disadvantages, and your choice here depends on what you need most. They are as follows:
- Aluminum – This is the most common type of ceramic frying pan that you’ll find in the market. They are lightweight and affordable, but they do have their shortcomings, like not being induction cooker compatible.
- Anodized Aluminum – These are stronger than ordinary aluminum pans, and they are good heat conductors as well. Since aluminum is not magnetizable, they are also not induction cooker compatible.
- Aluminum/Stainless Steel – This type combines the good conduction qualities of aluminum with the strength of stainless steel. The stainless steel also makes it induction cooker compatible.
- Stainless Steel – Stainless steel ceramic frying pans are the strongest and most durable types of ceramic pans. They are additionally induction cooker compatible but are vulnerable to hot spots.
4. Quality & Performance
Asides from the materials used, their quality is also important. This refers to the thickness of the ceramic coat, for instance, or to how well the pan manages high heat situations.
A good quality pan should not lose its non-stick qualities at any temperature, and it should always be oven friendly and free of all harmful elements.
5. Cleaning & Maintenance Ease
All ceramic pans are relatively easy to clean because of their tough non-stick surface.
If you’re considering a pan with one or more accessories though, then it’s your duty to make sure that the accessory will not pose a cleaning or maintenance issue.
Every good ceramic frying pan should come with a warranty from its manufacturer to guarantee its quality.
Some may come with just one year while others come with longer or lifetime warranties. The rule here is the longer, the better.
10 Best Ceramic Frying Pans Reviewed
|1. DaTerra Cucina VFP-28 (Best Overall)|
|2. Almond PF1001 (Best Budget)|
|3. GreenPan CW0004157 (Lima Thermolon Pan)|
|4. GreenLife CW000529 (Set of 2 Beautiful Pans)|
|5. GreenPan CC000670 (Anodized Pan With Glass Lid)|
|6. Calphalon 1937374 (Classic Design)|
|7. T-fal C71882 (Stainless Steel Pan)|
|8. Tramontina 80110/056DS (Most Beautiful)|
|9. Imperial Home MW3215 (3-Piece Set)|
|10. Wearever C944S2 (Attractively Priced 2-Pc Set)|
1. DaTerra Cucina VFP-28 – Best Overall
- Size: 11 inches
- Base Material: Material
- Weight: 4.8 pounds
- Thickness: 3.7 mm
This DaTerra VFP-28 pan is a beautifully made and equally functional ceramic pan with a tempered glass lid and a unique style. These features make it the best offer on this list and one of the best non-stick ceramic frying pans in the market.
DaTerra Cucina is an Italian cookware maker, and you can easily see this from the styling too. The pan is 11 inches wide and 2.5 inches deep. Then the sides slope gently, so you can easily flip or slide out your cooked food.
You get a cool touch silicon handle and silicone rimming on the glass lid. Plus, the entire pan is oven safe up to 450° F.
For cons, it’s a relatively costly pan, and there are more modern-looking offers in the market.
On a brighter note, this pan is 100% eco-friendly, so there’s no need to worry about harmful elements leaching into your food. DaTerra Cucina backs it with a 1-year warranty.
- Professional-grade ceramic frying pan and a top choice
- Features an even heat distribution and non-stick surface
- Oven safe design up to 450° F
- Comes with a tempered glass lid
- Backed by a 1-year manufacturer warranty
- It’s costlier than other offers on this list
- It’s stylish but not in a modern way
2. Almond PF1001 – Best Budget
- Size: 10 inches
- Base Material: Aluminum & Steel
- Weight: 4 pounds
- Thickness: 3mm
You may not have much interest in stylish or expensive stuff, but you still want a ceramic frying pan that’s high quality, reliable, and looks good. If that’s true, then this top-rated ceramic frying pan from Almond will be a great choice.
It’s made with 3-mm thick aluminum to optimally distribute heat, while a stainless steel bottom guarantees that it works on induction cookers.
For downsides, it looks plain and ordinary, without much style. Almond also doesn’t offer a warranty on it.
The ceramic coating is copper-colored and safe and Almond guarantees that it has no harmful materials. It’s dishwasher and oven safe up to 420° F.
- Coated with durable non-stick ceramic
- Offered at an attractive price
- Oven safe up to 420° F
- Comes with a tempered glass lid and stainless steel handles
- Works on induction cookers
- Almond offers no warranty for this pan
- It just looks standard, no style or unique features
3. GreenPan CW0004157 – Lima Thermolon
- Size: 8, 10, 12 inches
- Base Material: Anodized aluminum & steel
- Weight: 4.2 pounds
GreenPan also offers you a good quality and well priced ceramic frying pan here. It’s made from anodized aluminum for extra strength and heat conduction, then coated with Thermolon ceramic non-stick for a pleasant cooking experience.
It also comes with a tempered glass lid for your cooking convenience. Both pan and lid are oven safe up to 420° F and both have stainless steel handles.
A stainless steel plate lines the pan’s bottom to make it induction cooker compatible and GreenPan offers different versions of the Lima, including 8, 10, and this 12-inch size.
For cons, the handle lacks stay-cool design features.
You can get it in bronze as well if you don’t like its standard gray version. GreenPan additionally backs this pan with a 2-year warranty.
- Completely safe non-stick coating with no toxic chemical
- Stylish and modern design
- Comes with a glass lid for convenience
- Oven safe up to 420° F
- Backed by a 2-year warranty
- There’s no stay-cool design on the handle
4. GreenLife CW000529 – Set of 2 Beautiful Ceramic Frying Pans
- Size: 7 & 10 inches
- Base Material: Aluminum
- Weight: 2.6 pounds
This set of two pans takes ceramic frying pan design to new levels. The unique feature that sets these pans aside from the rest is their unconventional color, which they also share with their handles.
While most of the best ceramic frying pans either feature a stainless steel handle or some other metal, GreenLife adds same-color handles to these pans. The pans come in Turquoise but are also available in Lavender, Red, Mint, Pink, Blue, and Burgundy.
The smaller pan measures 7 inches across while the larger one measures 10 inches. Both pans have aluminum bodies and pure white Thermolon non-stick coating.
They are dishwasher safe but only oven safe to 350° F. The pans also don’t come with lids.
If you like your stuff stylish and exotic though, then you might like this one.
- Beautifully designed frying pans with lovely color
- Offer is for a set of two pans at an attractive price
- Comes with a soft-grip and stay-cool handle
- Aluminum-reinforced body for good heat conduction
- They’re oven safe to only 350° F
- There are no lids
5. GreenPan CC000670 – Anodized With Glass Lid
- Size: 8, 10, 11, 12 inches
- Base Material: Aluminum
- Weight: 1.89 pounds
GreenPan presents the CC000670 Valencia, which is one of the best ceramic frying pans with lids that you can get. It comes in a professional quality and seems designed for durability.
Its non-stick ceramic coating is 100% healthy and features no toxic chemicals. The coating is additionally guaranteed by GreenPan to withstand metal utensils, although the company advises using nylon and wooden utensils.
Its downsides include the availability of cheaper offers and a design without much stylishness.
GreenPan offers you the 10-inch version here, but it’s also available in 8, 11, and 12 inches, with a glass lid and stainless steel handles for your convenience.
This pan will withstand oven temperatures up to 600° F, and it features a Magneto technology to make its strong anodized aluminum body induction-cooker compatible.
- Anodized Frying pan comes with a complimentary glass lid
- Features a 100% non-toxic ceramic coating
- Guaranteed to withstand metal utensils
- Available in 8, 10, 11, and 12-inch sizes
- Oven safe up to 600° F
- The design is uninteresting and boring
- It’s costly but that’s probably the price of quality
6. Calphalon 1937374 – Classic Design
- Size: 10, 12 inches
- Base Material: Anodized aluminum
- Weight: 4.8 pounds
- Thickness: 3.2 mm
When talking about the best ceramic frying pans, skillet design is also an important consideration. This frying pan comes with a classic but very stylish design, and it will complement any modern kitchen.
Its handle plus lid handle and the rim around the pan are all stainless steel, and they accent the pan’s grey exterior and white interior. The non-stick ceramic coating is PFOA-free, so you can use it without any fears.
This frying pan is oven safe up to 450° F, and it features sloped sides and flared edges for making eggs and omelets. You can either get it in this 10-inch offer or in a larger 12-inch size.
On the downside, this pan would have looked great with silicon handle covers and its price is relatively high.
Beneath its ceramic covers though, you’ll find a very strong anodized aluminum body, which brings the pan’s thickness to 3.2 mm and lets Calphalon back it with a 10-year warranty.
- High-quality ceramic frying pan with a modern design
- Includes a hard anodized aluminum body for super strength
- Available in 10 and 12-inch sizes
- Package includes a glass lid
- Oven safe up to 450° F
- There are cheaper offers
- Silicon covers for the handle would have been great
7. T-fal C71882 – Stainless Steel
- Size: 12.5 inches & 5 quarts volume
- Base Material: Stainless steel
- Weight: 4.85 pounds
Here comes one of the largest offers in this ceramic frying pans review. This T-Fal C71882 has a 12.5-inch diameter and offers up to 5 quarts of cooking space inside.
It’s made using stainless steel and then coated with a very strong ceramic coating that’s both stain and scratch resistant. Also, because of its stainless steel body, it works on all stovetops, including induction cookers.
This package includes a glass lid with a handle. The pan also comes with a long stainless steel handle, plus a helper handle for heavy cooking.
No doubt, it would have looked better with a white ceramic interior. It’s also too large for cooking small stuff.
It will resist oven temperatures up to 570° F and T-Fal additionally backs it with a lifetime warranty.
- Built with durable & modern stainless steel
- Stain & scratch-resistant interior
- Oven safe up to 570° F
- Backed by a lifetime warranty
- It’s simply too large for small cooking tasks
- A white ceramic interior would have been better
8. Tramontina 80110/056DS – Most Beautiful
- Size: 8 inches
- Base Material: Aluminum
- Weight: 1.5 pounds
For lovers of Italian style and beauty, Tramontina offers this Ceramica Deluxe frying pan in red and white. Its red outer color matches its red stay-cool grip on its otherwise stainless steel handle, for a truly beautiful effect.
Its body is from heavy-gauge aluminum, which is then coated with a metallic red exterior and PFOA and PTFE-free non-stick coating on the inside. It’s eco-friendly as well and 100% safe for cooking.
On the downside, the package does not include a lid and it can’t work on an induction cooker.
Asides from these disadvantages, this is one lovely piece of Italian cookware that you’ll always enjoy cooking with. Tramontina also offers different sizes and styles, so you can choose exactly what you want.
- Beautifully made Italian frying pan
- Built using heavy-gauge aluminum for strength and durability
- Dishwasher and oven safe
- Backed by a lifetime warranty
- There’s no lid
- It’s not induction cooker compatible
9. Imperial Home MW3215 – Best 3-Piece Set
- Size: 8, 10, & 12 inches
- Base Material: Aluminum
- Weight: 5.4 pounds
- Thickness: 3 mm
Your idea of the best ceramic frying pans might tend towards quantity and not quality. In such a situation, this offer from Imperial Home has just what you want.
There are three pans in the set, and they are the most used pan sizes of 8, 10, and 12-inch diameters. This provides you with all your frying pan needs, especially if you’ve got a large family to cook for.
The downsides of this offer are that the handles are plastic, so they are not oven safe. Secondly, they are not induction cooker compatible, and thirdly, they don’t come with lids.
Still, it’s hard to beat this low price, including the pans’ beautiful colors and stylish design.
- This set includes 3 ceramic frying pans
- The pans are beautifully shaped and colored
- Includes 3 of the most used sizes of 8, 10, & 12 inches
- Ceramic coating is completely free of toxic chemicals
- There is no lid included in the package
- The pans are not oven safe
10. Wearever C944S2 – Attractively Priced 2-Pcs Set
- Size: 8 & 10 inches
- Base Material: Aluminum
- Weight: 2.8 pounds
Wearever proves that you can get decent quality at a good price with this offer. It’s for a set of two ceramic frying pans in 8 and 10-inch diameters.
Although offered at a low and attractive price, the pans are from heavy-gauge aluminum, with a quality ceramic coating, offering both stain and scratch resistance.
You can use them in the oven up to 350° F and the handles come coated with soft-touch silicone for your convenience.
Although they come without lids and are not induction cooker compatible, Wearever backs them up with a lifetime warranty anyway.
- Set of 2 beautiful & attractively priced ceramic frying pans
- Both pans are oven safe up to 350° F
- Built with heavy-gauge aluminum and durable ceramic coating
- Backed by a limited lifetime warranty from the manufacturer
- Lids are not included
- They are not induction cooker compatible
7 Useful Tips for Cooking on Ceramic Frying Pan
No matter how beautifully well your ceramic pan is or got built if you mishandle it, chances are that it won’t last long. In order to maximize your ceramic frying pan’s lifespan, you should follow the flowing tips.
Tip 1 – Properly Wash it Before First Use
Before using it for the first time, wash your ceramic pan with warm soapy water and wipe dry with a kitchen towel.
This removes any left-over particles from manufacturing, as well as dirt from shipping and handling.
Tip 2 – Always Hand Wash
Always hand-wash your ceramic frying pan, even when it’s dishwasher safe. This prevents any kind of damage to the ceramic coating.
Also, avoid the use of abrasive cleaning pads that may damage the pan. Use warm water with dish-washing liquid on a soft pad.
Tip 3 – Always Use Oil
Although ceramic coats offer a non-stick surface, it’s always advisable to use a tiny amount of oil when cooking.
This guarantees that your food never burns or sticks, and it improves your ceramic pan’s lifespan.
Tip 4 – Watch your Utensils
For best results and maximum lifespan, use only plastic, wooden, nylon, or coated utensils.
Avoid metallic and sharp utensils because they can damage the pan’s ceramic coating.
Tip 5 – Only Low to Medium Heat
To maximize your ceramic frying pan’s lifespan, you should avoid high heat with it, as this may cause your ceramic coat to crack or break up faster than you may like.
Always use low to medium heat!
Tip 6 – Don’t Plunge into Water when Hot
This is another ceramic pan no-no. After taking the pan off the stove, let it cool down before plunging it into the water for washing.
This prevents the pan from warping and prevents the ceramic coating from cracking as a result of drastic temperature changes.
Tip 7 – Handle it with Care
Overall, you should take good care of your ceramic frying pan, like storing it properly, not letting it fall to the floor, hitting a solid surface or anything that can cause it to bend and break its non-stick ceramic coating.
We’ve reached the end of this ceramic frying pan review and you’ve seen our list of the best pans in the market.
From the top quality pans to the best offers for the money and those with the best accessories, you’ll surely find something that’s perfect for you.
If you just want the overall best ceramic frying pan, then the recommendation is the DaTerra VFP-28 with its 11-inch width, 100% ECO-friendliness, and 1-year warranty.
For a satisfying 3-pice set, the Imperial Home MW3215 is the best recommendation with its 8, 10, and 12-inch pans.
Else, if you are a budget shopper, then the Almond PF1001 comes highly recommended with its attractive price, induction compatible design, and 420° F heat tolerance.
In this post:
- Ceramic Frying Pan Buying Guide
- 10 Best Ceramic Frying Pans Reviewed
- 1. DaTerra Cucina VFP-28 – Best Overall
- 2. Almond PF1001 – Best Budget
- 3. GreenPan CW0004157 – Lima Thermolon
- 4. GreenLife CW000529 – Set of 2 Beautiful Ceramic Frying Pans
- 5. GreenPan CC000670 – Anodized With Glass Lid
- 6. Calphalon 1937374 – Classic Design
- 7. T-fal C71882 – Stainless Steel
- 8. Tramontina 80110/056DS – Most Beautiful
- 9. Imperial Home MW3215 – Best 3-Piece Set
- 10. Wearever C944S2 – Attractively Priced 2-Pcs Set
- 7 Useful Tips for Cooking on Ceramic Frying Pan