Of course, you can pit cherries by hand, but a cherry pitter helps you to do a better job and to do it faster with better precision, leaving you with lovely cherries.
You can also use a cherry pitter to pit olives and if you’ve got a large number of cherries to pit, then a pitter will definitely help you get the job done in good time.
One thing with cherry pitters, however, is the different designs and functional mechanisms of the different products out there.
So, this cherry pitters review focuses on providing you with all the necessary information, such as a buying guide and a list of the top offers in the market, to help you make the right choice.
What To Check Before Buying Best Cherry Pitters?
The different styles and mechanisms of cherry pitters make it slightly difficult for someone to make a choice, so a buying guide is necessary to show you the important features that you need to look out for, so you can make the right choice.
Following are the important aspects of a cherry pitter that you should consider when making your choice.
1. Handheld vs. Countertop Cherry Pitter
The major difference between cherry pitters is in their design and this has produced two types of pitters: Handheld and countertop cherry pitters.
As their names suggest, handheld cherry pitters are held entirely with one or two hands while pitting a cherry. They are often smaller than countertop pitters and need more muscle power to work.
Countertop pitters will often come with rubber feet or any other mechanism that helps to secure them on the table. You’ll then need to pull a lever to pit a cherry.
The advantage of countertop pitters is that you can work faster with them and if you’ve got a larger workload, there are also countertop pitters that can pit up to four or six cherries at a go.
Countertop cherry pitters are, however, less precise than handheld pitters, so they are probably not the ideal tool if you’re after a perfectly-pitted cherry.
Many materials get used in manufacturing cherry pitters, and they range from plastic to stainless steel, zinc alloy, and many others.
Plastic, for instance, is very affordable, but it’s equally often the least durable of the materials, and you additionally need to make sure that the plastic cherry pitter that you’re about to pick is from food grade plastic.
When it comes to metal, then stainless steel is the highest quality material that you’ll get for handling food. Some pitters will also combine plastic parts with a stainless steel plunger for best results
This is where you get different results because of the widely different designs of the cherry pitters out there. Some pitters make cleaner and better looking pitted cherries than others, while others do it faster.
It’s left for you to reach a balance between operation speed and nice looking cherries. You have to decide what’s better for you and then choose the product that offers you those features.
Just keep in mind that pitters that can process more than one cherry at a time won’t give you the best looking cherries.
4. Ease of Use & Cleaning
Another issue to consider is how easy it is to use and keep up the cherry pitter. Given their different designs and construction materials, it’s obvious that you’ll need to do this on a pitter by pitter basis.
An ergonomically designed cherry pitter, for instance, will make your job easier, and the same goes for a dishwasher safe pitter. For a tidy workplace, especially if you work with large piles of fruits, a cherry pitter that additionally catches the stones is often a lifesaver.
Other features that can make your life easier include non-skid bases for tabletop models or very slender and portable designs for handheld models, which makes them easier to store or to carry along with you on trips, pick-nicks, e.t.c.
10 Best Cherry Pitters of 2021 Reviewed
1. Oxo Good Grips (Simple & Efficient)
2. Cherry Pitter Squeez2Pit (Ergonomic & Polished)
3. Obecome Cherry Pitter (Getting Cherries Pitted Fast)
4. Amytalk 6-Prong (Revolutionary Design for Fast Pitting)
5. Victorio VKP1152 (Semi-Automated)
6. YouTensils Cherry Pitter (Fast & Efficient)
7. Cuisipro Olive & Cherry Pitter (Pit Cherries & Olives in Style)
8. Ionox Heavy-Duty Olive & Cherry Pitter (Classic Pitter)
9. Talisman Designs 1286 (Creative & Kid-friendly)
10. Leifheit 37200 (Efficiently Processes)
1. Oxo Good Grips – Simple & Efficient for Your Kitchen
This Oxo Good Grips cherry pitter is a high-quality device, made from die-cast zinc for strength, and it’s comfortable to use as well. It features a non-slip and comfortable handle that makes repeated pitting nearly effortless.
Oxo also sized it well, and it comes with a holder that accommodates both small and large cherries, as well as olives. Another nice feature is the included splatter shield that makes it possible to pit cherries without splattering the surroundings with juice.
A downside to this cherry pitter is the die-cast zinc that it’s made from because it’s a strong but rather brittle material. You can lock this pitter for safe storage however, and it’s available in either red or black.
- A simple and easy-to-use cherry pitter
- Comes with a soft and non-slip handle
- Locks tightly for storage
- Works well for large and small cherries
- Die-cast zinc is a brittle material
- Pits one cherry at a time
2. Cherry Pitter Squeez2Pit – Ergonomic & Polished with a Lifetime Warranty
Here’s another top-rated cherry pitter with good looks to match. It’s made using a chromium-zinc alloy and this makes it both super strong and very shiny.
Designed to fit many shapes and cherry sizes, this cherry pitter will fit beautifully into the hands and kitchens of those who love stylish and aesthetically pleasing tools.
It features ergonomic arms and a soft squeezing mechanism to cut down on cherry juice splashing when pitting. There’s no splatter shield anyway, neither is there a container for the stones.
This cherry pitter is, however, a very beautiful tool, and it’s backed by 90-day no-questions money-back guarantee and a lifetime replacement warranty.
- A beautiful and shiny cherry pitter
- Built to last long with a heavy-duty design
- It’s dishwasher safe and hypoallergenic
- Comes backed by a lifetime warranty
- It does not include a splatter shield
- Comes with a straight plunger, which is not ideal
3. Obecome 6-Plunger Pitter – Ideal for Getting Cherries Pitted Fast
When you’ve got lots of cherries to pit, and you need to get the job done as quickly as possible, then you need a tool like this Obecome 6-plunger cherry pitter.
It lets you pit up to 6 cherries at a go and collects the pits in a container below, which is removable and easily washable. The entire device is also dishwasher safe and assembly and disassembly is a snap.
What’s rather worrisome about this cherry pitter is that it’s made of plastic and this means that you can’t apply too much pressure, lest you break it.
On the brighter side, it’s definitely one of the best cherry pitter machines for those who’ve got lots of cherries on their hands and need a cheap way of doing it.
- Easily pits up to 6 cherries with a single motion
- Its removable base catches pits and juice
- Easy to disassemble and clean
- Locks tightly and compactly for storage or transport
- Durability issues because it’s made of plastic
- Not as precise as single-plunger pitters
4. Amytalk 6-Cherry Pitter – Revolutionary Design
Looking nearly the same as the Obecome pitter above, this Amytalk 6-cherry pitter costs a little more and although it comes with lots of similar features, it features stainless steel plungers.
There’s a spring-loaded mechanism for ease of use and a non-skid base to help keep the cherry pitter in place while working. It features plastic construction, which makes it lightweight and affordable, but it also makes it less durable.
Another disadvantage is that you’ll find it difficult to pit olives with this cherry pitter, else, it has a lovely design and needs only a stapler-like motion to work.
- A simple and easy-to-use cherry pitter
- Pits up to 6 cherries at a go
- The mess-free design keeps your countertop cleaning
- Locks for compact storage
- It’s made from plastic and can break
- There’s a cheaper offer above
5. Victorio VKP1152 – Semi-automated
Victorio takes a different approach to cherry pitting here with its VKP1152 cherry pitter. It’s designed to help you by speeding up the pitting process in a controlled way.
Simply wash up your cherries and load them on the pitter. You can secure the pitter on any surface using the included suction lever. Add a bowl to catch the pitted cherries and you’re good to go.
The system loads a cherry for pitting each time the spring-loaded plunger pulls back, making it semi-automatic in a way. This lets you pit up to 25 pounds of cherry per hour, making this cherry pitter an ideal tool for people with lots of cherries.
It costs more than the previous cherry pitters in this review and features a plastic construction which raises durability questions. However, it’s dishwasher safe and definitely one of the best cherry pitter tools in the market.
- Easy-to-use cherry pitter
- Attaches securely to the tabletop with a suction base
- Produces a minimal loss of juice
- Makes it easy to pit lots of cherries
- Costlier than most others in this review
- The construction is from plastic
6. YouTensils 6-Plunger Pitter – Six Plungers for Fast & Efficient Pitting
This YouTensils 6-plunger cherry pitter is another popular offer that’s both well-priced and offers you the efficiency of processing up to 6 cherries at a go.
One unique feature about this package is that it comes with an instructional e-book which you’ll receive by email. It also comes with a refund policy, although it’s made from plastic, which, however, is BPA free.
You can use this pitter to pit hundreds of cherries in just minutes and its set up is easy as well. All you then need is to press it like a stapler and the pits fall into the collection bowl beneath.
It comes at a very low and attractive price, which is great, but keep in mind that it’s made of plastic, and so, can never last as long as metallic pitters. It offers lots of speed and efficiency though.
- A simple and easy-to-use cherry pitter
- Designed to pit up to 6 cherries at once
- Catches pits and juice to keep your kitchen clean
- Comes with an instructional ebook
- Made of plastic, so may not last long
- There are more precise cherry pitters
7. Cuisipro Cherry Pitter – Lets You Pit Your Cherries & Olives in Style
Cuisipro comes with a unique cherry pitter that’s designed for lovers of style and elegance who don’t mind pitting one cherry at a time. This pitter is very simple but effective, and the product of great design.
It starts with its unique scoop design, which lets anyone easily scoop up a cherry for pitting, all with one hand. The holder itself is large enough to contain both cherries and olives, and an included silicone cup keeps them in place.
Extra features include a splash guard to prevent cherry juice from splattering all over your countertop and a locking mechanism that lets you close and store it compactly.
Two downsides are this pitter being made from plastic and the operator needing a container to catch the pits. Else, this is a great tool that’ll look good in any kitchen.
- Stylish design looks great in your hands
- Features a scoop for more streamlined operation
- Easy to clean and dishwasher safe pitter
- Includes a locking mechanism for compact storage
- Made from plastic
- Not ideal for pitting lots of cherries
8. Ionox Cherry Pitter – Best Classic with a Lifetime Warranty
You could be the type of person that loves classic designs and classic stuff, in which case, this Ionox cherry pitter could catch your fancy.
It comes in either black or blue-enameled zinc alloy, designed for ease of use and for durability at the same time. The handle is simple and includes a lock for securing and storing it.
There is just one plunger, plus one holder. So, while it will do well with most cherries, you’ll need larger olives for a trouble-free process. It’s a dishwasher safe and easy to clean, but you’ll need an extra container to catch the stones when pitting.
Ionox offers 100% satisfaction guarantee on it, promising to refund your money if you can’t pit 4 cups of cherries in 6 minutes. There’s also a lifetime warranty on it.
- Classic cherry pitter design
- Makes perfect cherries every time
- Easy to use and dishwasher safe
- Ionox backs it with a lifetime warranty
- You can only pit one cherry at a time
- Its handles are metallic
9. Talisman Designs 1286 – Creative & Kid-friendly
If you’ve got kids in the house who love to help out in this kitchen, then this is probably the best cherry pitter you can get for your home because it’s both a toy and a tool.
Your kids will love it and if you’ve still got a kid in you, then you’ll love it as well. It works for olives as well, needs only one hand to use, and doesn’t need much force from you.
There are also in-built safety features to prevent your kids from getting harmed and a container below for catching the stones.
If you need speed and efficiency, then this is probably not for you. It pits one cherry at a time and is from plastic, which means it won’t last as long as metal pitters. It’s however, dishwasher safe and super fun to use.
- Funny cherry pitter keeps your kitchen lively
- Includes a belly-container to catch pits
- Made from BPA-free plastic
- Dishwasher safe parts
- Made of plastic, so may not last forever
- It’s not ideal for high-speed cherry pitting
10. Leifheit 37200 – Efficiently Processes up to 25 Pounds per Hour
The Leifheit 37200 is an ideal product for those in the search of the best cherry pitter for speed and convenience. It’s modern, fast, well-designed, and offers a high level of convenience.
Using this pitter is very easy because you just need to load up cherries on top and then keep pressing and releasing the plunger to pit the cherries. The pits fall into the large included container and the cherries fall out into any container you offer.
Although the plunger is stainless steel, all other parts of this cherry pitter are plastic, so there are definitely concerns about durability. It’s however, dishwasher safe and can process up to 25 pounds of cherries in one hour.
This makes it the ideal pitter for processing batches of cherries for canning or baking. It also comes backed by a 2-year warranty.
- A simple and quick cherry pitter
- Includes a large pit catcher
- Features a stainless steel plunger
- Dishwasher safe and easy to clean system
- Leifheit backs it with a 2-year warranty
- Plastic is not the most durable material
- There’s only one plunger to pit one cherry at a time
We’ve reached the end of this cherry pitters review, and you’ve seen the most popular offers in the market, including the cheap ones, the fast ones, and those designed with other unique features.
In the end, you’ll have to make your choice and choose the cherry pitter that you know will be the best fit for your kitchen.
In this post:
- What To Check Before Buying Best Cherry Pitters?
- 10 Best Cherry Pitters of 2021 Reviewed
- 1. Oxo Good Grips – Simple & Efficient for Your Kitchen
- 2. Cherry Pitter Squeez2Pit – Ergonomic & Polished with a Lifetime Warranty
- 3. Obecome 6-Plunger Pitter – Ideal for Getting Cherries Pitted Fast
- 4. Amytalk 6-Cherry Pitter – Revolutionary Design
- 5. Victorio VKP1152 – Semi-automated
- 6. YouTensils 6-Plunger Pitter – Six Plungers for Fast & Efficient Pitting
- 7. Cuisipro Cherry Pitter – Lets You Pit Your Cherries & Olives in Style
- 8. Ionox Cherry Pitter – Best Classic with a Lifetime Warranty
- 9. Talisman Designs 1286 – Creative & Kid-friendly
- 10. Leifheit 37200 – Efficiently Processes up to 25 Pounds per Hour