An electric griddle is very useful for those who can’t do without fried eggs, bacon and pancakes. It makes your life easier, and it doesn’t stop at just breakfast. An electric griddle is a versatile kitchen tool.
You can cook vegetables, stir-fry, and grill on a griddle with the right attachments. They are such versatile cookers that you’ll often be limited by your imagination alone.
Electric griddles come in different styles and sizes, with some offering just basic features and others offering more helpful features like dual thermostats and digital control systems.
This electric griddles review offers you all the information that you need to choose correctly. It includes a list of the top offers in the market, plus helpful guides.
What to Check Before Buying Best Electric Griddle?
The average electric griddle has a flat cooking surface and gets powered by electricity. There are other similar features though, as well as those that are unique to specific brands.
You’ll need to understand the important features, what they mean to you, and why or not, you should choose an electric griddle based on a particular feature.
These things to look out for are below.
You’ll find electric griddles in many sizes and this refers to the dimensions of its cooking surface. The larger the cooking surface, the more food you can cook on it at a go.
You should remember that their larger size is the reason people prefer griddles to pans and skillets. A 10×18-inch griddle is enough to make breakfast for two at once, choose a larger griddle to cook for more people at a go.
Different griddles come with different cooking surfaces, depending on the manufacturer’s design. The popular ones and their features are as follows:
- Cast iron. This is a rather heavy cooking surface material, but it offers good heat distribution and non-stick properties as well.
- Non-stick coating. The cooking plate gets made from any metal and then coated with a non-stick material like ceramic or Teflon. Their disadvantage is that they can get scratches.
- Aluminum. Such cooking surfaces have the advantage of heating up quickly and providing even heat distribution. They are also lighter than most other materials.
- Stainless Steel. This material is strong and long-lasting. It will neither chip, stain, nor rust. Stainless steel is also ideal for induction cooking systems.
3. Heat Control
Controlling the heat in an electric griddle involves automatically measuring the temperature with a thermostat and having control dials to set the thermostat. The major types of an electric griddle’s heat control system are below:
- Single Thermostat. This is a griddle with a single temperature sensor. It’s often not very precise.
- Dual Thermostat. With two sensors, you can get a better measurement of the overall heat, plus, you can split the griddle into two parts and cook at different temperatures on each part.
- Basic Control. In such a griddle, you get the standard Low, Medium, & High-temperature settings. It’s a simple-and-easy to use control, but it lacks finesse.
- Adjustable Temperature Control. This type of control lets you choose the exact temperature that you want to cook your food at. This gives you more control over your cooking and can come in analog and digital formats.
4. Cleaning Ease
Cooking produces lots of grease and other residues, so you should make sure that you can easily clean them out. Look out for features that make cleaning easy or any other extra from the manufacturer that helps you to easily keep up the griddle.
5. Grill Inserts
While the flat surface of griddles offers plenty of advantages, they’re not ideal for grilling meat because they lack a means of draining away excess fats and oils. Some griddles come with a grill insert for this reason or with a cooking surface that you can turn around to change from griddle to grill.
Electric griddles are available in all price classes, ranging from affordable to costly options with all the bells and whistles you can wish for. You just have to know how much you are willing to spend, make your budget and stick to it.
9 Best Electric Griddles of 2021 Reviewed
1. Cuisinart GRID-8NPC (Best Overall)
2. Presto 07061 (For 18-inch Kitchen Cabinet)
3. Presto 07046 (Two-way Tilting)
4. Black & Decker GD2100B (Energy Saving 8-Person Griddle)
5. Zojirushi EA-DCC10 (For Gourmet With Lid)
6. Morning Star 250 (With Round Crepe Maker)
7. Broil King PCG-10 (Rugged for Professionals)
8. Hamilton Beach 38546 (Grill & Griddle Combination)
9. Oster CKSTGR3007-TECO (Best Ceramic Griddle)
1. Cuisinart GRID-8NPC – Best Overall
- Cooking surface: 13 x 11 inches
- Temperature range: 200 to 425 degrees F
- Material: Stainless steel
The Cuisinart GRID-8NPC is a very flexible appliance that enables you to cook in 5 different ways, including as a contact grill, a full griddle, a full grill, a panini press, and as a half grill/ half griddle.
It initially looks like a panini press, which you can use in making lots of Italian bread goodies, but you can also open it up to double the cooking surface and cook more food at once.
The cooking plates are removable and reversible, allowing you to either use a flat griddle surface or a grill surface. Cuisinart also adds something unique to this griddle and that is the use of either preset temperatures for grilling and panini or a variable temperature for the griddle.
You’ll also see the Cuisinart style on this unit as it features a stylish stainless steel construction. Cuisinart includes a recipe book and backs it all up with a 3-year warranty, the longest warranty in this electric griddle review.
- 5-in-1 griddle offers you complete flexibility
- Best overall offer on this list
- Opens flat to double cooking space
- Stylish and compact design
- Backed by a 3-year warranty from Cuisinart
- The drip tray is somewhat small
- Its power cord is very short at just 2 feet
2. Presto 07061 – 18-inch Kitchen Cabinet Electric Griddle
- Cooking surface: 22 x 11.5 inches
- Temperature range: 200 – 400 degrees F
- Power: 1,500 Watts
- Material: Aluminum
With its extra-large cooking surface, measuring 22 x 11.5 inches and making it one of the largest electric griddles out there, this electric griddle provides everything a large family needs to have an enjoyable breakfast with ease.
In addition to that, it fits into any 18-inch cabinet with ease and comes with removable handles. Once these handles and the heat controller get removed, you are also free to fully submerge the griddle for washing.
One disadvantage, though, is that you might find this griddle too much if you are single or just a couple using it because there’ll be plenty of unused space while the griddle itself uses 1,500 Watts of power.
Else, Presto makes it with heavy-cast aluminum to prevent warping, it includes a slide-out drip tray and comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
- Designed to fit 18-inch cabinets
- Extra-large cooking surface enough for a large family
- Includes the Control Master heat controller
- Handles are removable for easy storage
- The warranty is only for one year
- It’s power hungry at 1,500 Watts
3. Presto 07046 – Best Two-way Tilting
- Cooking surface: 18.5 x 15 inches
- Temperature range: 200 – 400 degrees F
- Power: 1,500 Watts
- Material: Aluminum & non-stick coating
You don’t always need a griddle with invertible plates to enjoy griddle- and grill-cooking your foods as you wish. This Presto griddle offers you a one-touch solution to turning your griddle into an effective grill.
Truly, you won’t find those grill-lines on your meat, but they’ll still get done with a low and healthy level of fat, thanks to the tilting function of this griddle.
A slide-out drip tray is included and Presto’s Control Master heat controller is also there to keep up any temperature you set between 200 and 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
This griddle is fully immersible with the heat control removed, and it’s also dishwasher safe. It’s easy to clean and Presto backs it with a 1-year warranty.
- Large jumbo griddle with an 18.5 x 15-inch cooking surface
- A tilting function switches between frying eggs and grilling meat
- The cool-touch area around the griddle stays cool while cooking
- Once the heat controller gets removed, the griddle becomes fully immersible
- Its power cord is only 2.5 feet long
- The warranty is for only 1 year
4. Black & Decker GD2100B – Best Energy Saving
- Cooking surface: 10 x 20 inches
- Temperature range: Warm to 400 degrees F
- Power: 500 Watts
Black & Decker’s GD2100B is a top-rated electric griddle with all the space that a family needs. It’s offered at a good price and its cooking surface measures 200 square inches of cooking space at just 500 Watts of power.
The entire griddle itself measures just 22 x 12 x 3 inches, so it’s quite compact. It also comes with all the standard accessories of a griddle, including a drip tray, a non-stick coated surface, and a unique temperature control system.
This unique temperature controller features a click & lock mechanism that makes it very easy to install and remove. It also includes a probe for temperature measurement, plus a dial to set the right temperatures.
Another thing you might find helpful is the ready-light. A feature that lights on to let you know that the griddle has reached the ideal cooking temperature. So there’s no need for random checks. Black & Decker backs it with a 2-year warranty.
- Large family-sized & 8-serving griddle
- Nice temperature control design and adjustable temperature
- Fully immersible base without probe
- Backed by manufacturer’s 2-year warranty
- Its drip tray is not very large
- The power is only 500 Watts
5. Zojirushi EA-DCC10 – Best With Lid
- Cooking surface: 19 x 12.5 inches
- Temperature range: 176 to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Power: 1,350 Watts
For that touch of class in your kitchen and a presentation like no other, this Zojirushi griddle offers you what you need. It’s sleek, high-quality, designed with safety in mind, and it comes with a lid.
Most electric griddles don’t come with a lid and considering its titanium-infused ceramic coating as well, it becomes obvious that this is one of the best non-stick electric griddles that you’ll find.
You get an extra-large cooking surface measuring 238 square inches and the heat controller offers you a variable temperature setting to help you turn out perfectly-cooked gourmet foods.
As you can imagine, all these features and qualities come at a price and so, this griddle is not cheap compared to the others. It’s the costliest in this review and its warranty is also for just a year, which seems short considering its high price.
Still, if all that you want is the best electric griddle that you can get your hands on, then this offer is really worth taking a closer look.
- Stylish gourmet griddle stands out from the rest
- A bodyguard protects you from scalding
- Features a titanium-infused ceramic coating
- Package includes a lid and a stainless steel spatula
- At its price, it needs a longer than a year warranty
- It lacks a drip tray
6. Morning Star 250 – Round Crepe Maker
- Cooking surface: 13-inch diameter
- Temperature range: 250 – 475 degrees F
- Power: 1,000 Watts
- Material: Plastic and aluminum
This Morning Star offer solves a big problem in many kitchens by coming in a round shape. It measures 13 inches across and allows you to cook a range of foods, making it the best electric griddle for pancakes and crepes in this review.
You can make your pancakes, crepes, and tortillas as large as you want, then use the cooker to make eggs, sausages, and other items that you normally cook on your griddle.
The heat controller lets you choose any temperature between 250 and 475 degrees Fahrenheit, and this means you can even grill meat on it if you can figure out a way to manage the grease.
It comes with rubber feet, recipe booklet, and additionally includes a batter spreader to thin your crepes with.
- Combines a crêpe maker and griddle for you
- Offers a 13-inch large cooking surface
- Lovely and modern design
- Package includes a batter spreader
- The body is a plastic construction
- There’s no drip tray feature
7. Broil King PCG-10 – Best for Professionals
- Cooking surface: 21 x 12 inches
- Temperature range: Up to 400 degrees F
- Power: 1,500 Watts
- Material: Steel
Broil King’s PCG-10 is for those who value functionality and dependability over style and looks. This griddle is tough and built to last but it’s not what you would call stylish.
For a chef who needs a dedicated griddle, this is one of the best electric griddles you can find. It offers 252 square inches of cooking surface and even comes with a back-splash.
You can regulate the temperature up to 400 degrees F and you just need to lift a mechanism in the rear legs to tilt the cooking plate and send the grease to the drip tray.
Broil King offers a 2-year warranty, which is totally okay and the griddle is also immersible once you remove the heat controller.
- Rugged & portable professional electric griddle
- Features a removable backdrop for your convenience
- Includes a drip tray for more versatility
- The base is immersible without the controller
- Backed by a 2-year manufacturer’s warranty
- There’s no lid in the package
- It’s not stylishly designed
8. Hamilton Beach 38546 – Grill & Griddle Combination
- Cooking surface: 180 sq. inches
- Temperature range: Up to 425 degrees F
- Material: Aluminum
Hamilton Beach offers you a cool chance at having both a griddle and a grill in one countertop unit. This unique design achieves this by offering two separate sides with reversible cooking plates.
Each side comes with its heat controller, and you can adjust the temperature up to 425 degrees Fahrenheit independently. It also features a center grease channel for both sides and a PFOA-free non-stick coating.
One side of each cooking plate is flat while the other side comes with grill grooves, allowing a full griddle, a full grill, or a one side griddle and one side grill configuration on the unit.
On the downside, it comes with only a 1-year warranty and the lid can’t close for storage or transport. When you remember its low price though, then it becomes the best electric griddle and grill combo for those on a budget.
- Double-sided design offers you three cooking options
- Features a 180-sq. inches large cooking surface
- Reversible cooking plates easily switch between grill and griddle
- Each side comes with its separate temperature control
- It does not fold for compactness
- Only the cooking plates are dishwasher safe
9. Oster CKSTGR3007-TECO – Best Ceramic
- Cooking surface: 18 x 10 inches
- Power: 1,500 Watts
- Material: Aluminum & ceramic
From Oster comes this impressive electric griddle with a ceramic plate. Each plate is easily flipped to turn it into a grill or a griddle.
As the best ceramic electric griddle in this review, this Oster offer guarantees you a longer life than you’d get with standard non-stick coatings. This coating will last up to 8 times longer and will neither flake nor peel. That’s the beauty of ceramic coatings.
In addition, you get a large cooking surface with cool-touch handles. The drip tray is also large compared to many other offers on this list.
Although it’s not the cheapest griddle here, you can still enjoy its simplicity and ease of use. It comes with a 1-year warranty and its base, cooking plate, and drip tray are all dishwasher safe.
- Comes with a ceramic coated plate for 8x more durability
- The plate easily flips into a grill or griddle
- Features a large drip tray underneath the plate
- Completely PTFE and PFOA free
- The design isn’t very compact
- It’s backed by only a 1-year warranty
How to Clean An Electric Griddle?
Keeping your electric griddle clean will both let you cook hygienically and help the griddle last for as long as possible.
Following is a step-by-step guide that shows you how to simply keep your electric griddle clean.
Step 1. Safety First
Before attempting any cleaning or washing process, always make sure to switch off your griddle and unplug it from the mains socket. This is to prevent any unforeseen accidents which could either damage the grill or cause harm in other ways.
Step 2. Use a Spatula
If you’ve got lots of hardened grease on your griddle, then you may want to use a flat spatula on it. First plug it back in and turn up the heat until you see the grease melting, then use your spatula to gently scrape the scraps off the griddle.
Once you feel satisfied, unplug the griddle and let it cool off before you begin washing it.
Step 3. Soak in Warm Soapy Water
After removing every electrical part, including the cables and the controls, you can then soak the griddle in warm soapy water. Check your user’s manual to see the exact method to ready yours for washing.
Step 4. Wash Gently
After about 20 minutes of soaking, gently wash off of the grease and gunk from the griddle’s cooking surface using a sponge or anything similar. Avoid using abrasive cleaners as they can damage the non-stick surface, always use a plastic or a nylon scrubby.
Step 5. Remember the Drip Tray
Most drip trays you’ll find are dishwasher safe but check your griddle’s manual just to make sure. You can wash it in the dishwasher or use warm soapy water like above to hand-wash it.
Step 6. Don’t forget the Extras
Yes, you’ll also need to keep the different parts of the griddle like the cables, controller, and any other part clean. A dry or damp cloth is enough to wipe these parts clean, just make sure you don’t get them wet.
We’ve reached the end of this griddles review, and you’ve seen all the interesting offers out there, including the simple and top-grade units.
If you’ve got no special needs, then the Cuisinart GRID-8NPC is a great offer that’ll fit into most kitchens.
In this post:
- What to Check Before Buying Best Electric Griddle?
- 9 Best Electric Griddles of 2021 Reviewed
- 1. Cuisinart GRID-8NPC – Best Overall
- 2. Presto 07061 – 18-inch Kitchen Cabinet Electric Griddle
- 3. Presto 07046 – Best Two-way Tilting
- 4. Black & Decker GD2100B – Best Energy Saving
- 5. Zojirushi EA-DCC10 – Best With Lid
- 6. Morning Star 250 – Round Crepe Maker
- 7. Broil King PCG-10 – Best for Professionals
- 8. Hamilton Beach 38546 – Grill & Griddle Combination
- 9. Oster CKSTGR3007-TECO – Best Ceramic
- How to Clean An Electric Griddle?