The electric wall heater is a popular type of room heater that you will find in the homes of many temperate countries.
Due to its discrete look, as well as relatively low power consumption, the electric wall heater is the favorite heating solution for many people.
Advantages of Electric Wall Heater
Discrete Look: On the outside, the electric wall heater is basically a small square grill that you install on your wall. It is the ideal heating solution for those who live in a small apartment.
Energy Efficient: Most top-rated electric wall heaters provide you with the possibility to adjust the power consumption of the heater during installation. When compared to other types of heaters, the electric wall heater definitely consumes less energy which means that you make significant savings on your electricity bill in the long term.
Versatility: In addition, many electric wall heaters also have the possibility to switch the voltage between either 120 V or 240 V. This makes it versatile and able to work in any country where the voltage may vary.
Effective: Despite its small size, the electric wall heater is quick to heat the room.
Quiet: You will not be bothered with the electric wall heater, especially at night because most reputable models are dead silent in operation.
What to Check Before Buying Best Electric Wall Heater?
1. Usage and Cost
Let’s face it; the electric heater has somewhat of a bad reputation.
This is because most electric heaters usually consume lots of electricity that is expensive to run both in the short term as well in the long term.
Therefore, when looking to purchase an electric wall heater online, take a look at the usage as it will dictate its cost.
For example, if you are planning to use your electric wall heater to heat a big room, then you need a model that not only consumes a lot of power but expects to pay more in terms of electricity.
However, if you only need to heat a small to medium-size room, then the electric wall heater may be more economical for you.
The power of the electric wall heater is usually measured in watts of power. This value basically shows you how effective the electric wall heater is in heating a room.
Obviously, the higher the wattage of the wall heater then the more performing it will be. Some of the best electric wall heaters on the market have a power rating of 2,000 W or more.
Even if this is highly demanding in terms of electrical costs, the main advantage of it is that it will have no problem heating up a room fast.
However, most electric wall heaters are quite versatile and come in a wide range of powers depending on your need.
In fact, many models provide you with the possibility of switching the electric wall heater to a lower power consumption if you need to.
All you have to do is flip a switch inside the heater during installation, and you’re good to go.
You may want to check if your electric wall heater of choice has this dual power functionality because not all of them do.
3. Design and Appearance
Since the electric wall heater is usually installed in a place that is clearly visible to anyone, it is somewhat important that you go with a model that is aesthetically pleasing.
You can even do a paint job on this heater to make it match your room décor and color if you need to.
In addition, the design is also quite important because it will dictate how efficient the electric wall heater is.
Go with a model that has grills that protect the inside of the heater from touch.
Additionally, it should have vents that are angled in such a way to allow more efficient circulation of hot air into the room.
4. Safety Features
We cannot talk about an electric wall heater without mentioning its safety features.
What this function does is automatically switch off the electric wall heater whenever it senses that it is heating too much.
Since this device outputs a lot of heat really fast, it must be equipped with safety features like overvoltage and overheating protection.
This will prevent the risk of a potential fire from happening.
5. Control Settings
Versatility is important in an electric wall heater. In order to get this versatility, you need to be able to control the heat output (temperature) of the heater.
You can do so by using a thermostat. Many top-rated electric wall heaters actually come with an inbuilt thermostat that provides you with full control over the temperature regulation.
7 Best Electric Wall Heaters of 2021 Reviewed
1. King PAW2422-W (High Performance & Heavy-Duty)
2. King W2420-W (Most Affordable)
3. Cadet CSC152TW (Best Compact)
4. Cadet 79241 (Most Energy Efficient Model)
5. Stiebel Eltron 074057 (Aesthetically Pleasing & Reliable)
6. Broan 174 (Energy Efficient & Flexible)
7. DeLonghi HMP1500 (Portable & Can be Installed Anywhere)
1. King PAW2422-W – High Performance & Heavy-Duty
- Power: 2,250 W, 240 V
- Heating Area: 400 square feet
- Dimensions: 13.5 inches x 7.5 inches x 4 inches
If there is one department where this King Electric wall heater is a true winner, then it is definitely in its performance. Indeed, this unit has a heating area capacity of 400 square feet.
This allows it to heat a room of any size, whether it is a small room, medium-size, or even a large room with great ease. The only caveat is that this unit consumes a little more power at 2,250 W to achieve this high performance.
However, you can still purchase this model in different sizes with different power consumption as it is quite flexible.
We also like is the rectangular and discrete form factor of this heater.
Once installed, it will blend perfectly with your room environment. This unit is also quite safe to use because it contains the smart link feature.
Which is basically an overheat protection that will automatically switch off the heater whenever it senses it is operating at a higher than normal temperature.
Based on performance alone, this model by King is without a doubt one of the best wall-mounted electric heaters for the money.
- Very high heating area of 400 square feet
- High performance and heavy-duty
- Flexible. Available in different sizes and power consumptions
- Safety features like overvoltage protection
- Higher power consumption
- Noisier when compared to other models
2. King W2420-W – Most Affordable Solution
- Power: 2,000 W, 240 V
- Heating Area: 250 square feet
- Dimensions: 16 inches x 11.9 inches x 5.1 inches
Not everybody has several hundred dollars to spend on an electric wall heater. And some models are in fact quite expensive.
This is where this King’s model comes into play. Indeed, this unit is the most affordable solution that you will find in this electric wall heater review.
In addition, what really makes this wall heater unique is its flexibility in size and energy consumption. You can purchase this heater in a wide range of sizes with different wattages. Pretty neat!
Installation of this device is quite easy, and it will have no problem fitting in any standard 2 inches by 4 inches installation space. The motor inside this heater is heavy-duty and long-lasting.
You will find that this motor uses a special technology that automatically lubricates itself, so no maintenance is necessary. It is also quiet, so it will not disturb you at night.
Also, this heater is protected by a special technology developed by King called smart limit which will prevent this heater from overheating.
It will automatically switch it off whenever it senses that the temperature is too high so as to prevent any risk of fire.
- The most affordable solution in this review
- The motor is heavy-duty and long-lasting. Automatically lubricates itself
- Equipped with many safety features like overheat protection
- High power consumption at 2,000 W
3. Cadet CSC152TW – Best Compact
- Power: 1,500 W, 240 V
- Dimensions: 12 inches x 9 inches x 4 inches
In general, the electric wall heater does not consume a lot of installation space as by default it is quite small and compact. However, if you need to the ultimate compact model for a very discreet look, then look no further.
The Cadet Com-Pak has a height of only 12.5 inches and a width of 9 inches that makes it the most compact and smallest model that you will find in this electric wall heater review.
Moreover, this model has a high-gloss Enamel paint that makes it easier to blend on your boat, especially if you have a white wall.
There is a built-in thermostat that will allow you to adjust the temperature quickly and easily.
- Small and compact. Very discreet look
- Energy efficient with a relatively lower power consumption
- Built-in thermostat to adjust the temperature
- Lacks performance. Not recommended for big rooms
4. Cadet 79241 – Most Energy Efficient Model
- Power: 1,000 W, 120 V
- Heating Area: 150 square feet
- Dimensions: 16.9 inches x 3.9 inches x 10.1 inches
If electricity is expensive where you live, then the power consumption of your electric wall heater must be the center of your attention. This is where models like the Cadet 79241 comes into play.
It sacrifices the heating area for power and efficiency. Despite having a heating area of 150 square feet, this model still consumes only 1,000 W of power which is less when compared to other models in this review.
Further, you have a handy power switch at the front of the unit that will allow you to control this heater with the push of a button.
This may be an advantage or disadvantage, depending on what you’re looking for.
It has been designed in such a way that it can work in both a humid environment like a bathroom or a regular room.
Best, this product is manufactured here in the USA, so there is a lot of attention to detail in it. The only caveat we have with this model is its fairly high price.
But other than this, this model is rated as one of the best electric wall heaters and can heat any type of room in the home while consuming lower power.
Notes: You will need to connect this electric wall heater to an external thermostat in order to control the temperature.
- Consumes only 1,000 W. More energy efficient
- Excellent metal construction. Durable and long-lasting
- Versatile. Can be used anywhere
- Front power switch for manual control
- The price. It is expensive
- Not automatic. Requires a switch to turn on
5. Stiebel Eltron 074057 – Aesthetically Pleasing & Reliable
- Power: 2,000 W , 240 V
- Dimensions: 20.1 inches x 15.3 inches x 6.3 inches
The Stiebel Eltron has the perfect balance between looks and functionality. Indeed, this model is one of the most aesthetically pleasing and modern-looking wall-mounted electric heaters that you will find in this review.
Also, it is made from a durable metal alloy that will last a long time. In terms of functionality, you get an inbuilt thermostat that allows you to control the temperature to your liking.
The fans inside this heater are also quiet and will not disturb you.
When it comes to performance, this unit has a power of 2,000 W at 240 V which means it is definitely powerful enough to heat up any type of room, whether you have a small room or a large room.
You also have the possibility to purchase this model in different styles and power to suit your need. Very flexible.
All in all, if you’re looking for a reliable heater that also happened to be very modern and good-looking, then the Stiebel Eltron is one of the best electric wall heaters that you can buy.
- Modern looks and aesthetically pleasing
- Reliable, high-performing, and quiet operation
- Inbuilt thermostat to adjust the temperature
- Flexible. Comes in different sizes and styles
- Bigger than other models
- Lacks space behind to hide the installation wires
6. Broan 174 – Energy Efficient & Flexible
- Power: 750 W, 120 V / 1,500 W, 240 V
- Heating Area: 150 square feet
- Dimensions: 15.2 inches x 11.1 inches x 6.1 inches
If there is one word that can qualify this electric wall heater that it is “efficiency.” Indeed, you can change the power consumption of this heater to your liking.
Out of the box, you can easily convert this model to consume only 750 W of power or 1,500 W during installation.
In the process, you will also be changing the voltage from 120 V to 240 V, so you can use this electric wall heater anywhere in the world.
Furthermore, you can make easy temperature adjustments because it has a thermostat at the front of the unit. You can also purchase this unit in multiple sizes with different power consumption to suit your need.
Since it uses 20-gauge steel with the vent design, a bit lower, the heat exits this heater more efficiently.
Also, the motor is permanently lubricated, so there is little to no maintenance necessary on this heater.
If you’re looking for a performing and energy-efficient heater, then this model by Broan is one of the most efficient electric wall heaters on the market.
- Energy efficient. Power and voltage can be changed
- Self-lubricating fans. Requires no maintenance
- Easy to use a thermostat to adjust the temperature
- Steel grills designed in such a way so as to heat a room more evenly
- The thermostat is too sensitive and shuts off quickly
- This in-built thermostat is not heavy-duty
7. DeLonghi HMP1500 – Portable & Can be Installed Anywhere
- Power: 750 W and 1,500 W, 110 V
- Heating Area: 300 square feet
- Dimensions: 27 inches x 10 inches x 22 inches
This DeLonghi model has one of the best prices to performance ratios in this review. Indeed, with a heating area of 300 square feet and considering the price that it is offered at, it is hard to beat.
What makes this electric wall heater quite unique is its portable form factor.
You do not need complex installation procedures like drilling a hole in your wall with this unit. You can install it against any wall, anywhere in the house, and you are good to go.
All you need is to make the proper electrical connection, and that’s it.
Best of all, you can also use this heater as a portable device because it comes with caster wheels at the bottom so that you can easily move it around. The only caveat is that this model is quite big with a total width of 27 inches.
This model is definitely one of the best electric wall heaters with thermostats out there. It is easy to use, highly portable, and allows you to adjust both the temperature in the power consumption as well.
- Energy efficient model
- Versatile. Can be installed anywhere
- Easy to adjust power consumption and temperature
- Portable. Comes with 4 caster wheels at the bottom
- The size. It is quite big
Electric Wall Heater Safety Tips
Since the electric wall heater uses electricity and outputs a lot of heat, it is important to observe some safety precautions. Here are some tips that will allow you to use this device more safely:
Tip 1 – Install in a Well-Ventilated Area
Due to space constraints, many people are often tempted to install the electric wall heater anywhere they like.
However, this is bad practice because this device should always be installed in a well-ventilated area. Ensure that there are no obstructions on the heater.
Additionally, there should not be furniture, curtains, or other objects that can easily catch fire nearby.
Tip 2 – Clean Regularly
Since the electric wall heater contains a fan inside, it easily accumulates dust.
Therefore, you should regularly clean the electric wall heater because this will guarantee optimal operation as well as make it safer to use.
Tip 3 – Keep Pets and Children Away
Due to the high heat output of the electric wall heater, this device should always be installed in a place that is not easily accessible by pets and children.
Tip 4 – Check your Electrical Socket
The electric wall heater can be very demanding in terms of electricity.
So, it is important that you check your electrical system every time the heater is turned on.
Sometimes, a misconfigured electrical outlet can overheat and cause a fire hazard.
The electric wall heater is the most practical and easy-to-use type of heater available on the market.
Since it is installed in the wall, it sits flush to it and is very discreet. It definitely does not take a lot of space.
Moreover, most models have many adjustment settings that will allow you to adjust the electricity consumption as well as its heat output.
- Pros and Cons of Electric Water Heater – doityourself
- Wall Heaters 101: Your Guide to Staying Warm through the Wall – Compact Appliance
In this post:
- Advantages of Electric Wall Heater
- What to Check Before Buying Best Electric Wall Heater?
- 7 Best Electric Wall Heaters of 2021 Reviewed
- 1. King PAW2422-W – High Performance & Heavy-Duty
- 2. King W2420-W – Most Affordable Solution
- 3. Cadet CSC152TW – Best Compact
- 4. Cadet 79241 – Most Energy Efficient Model
- 5. Stiebel Eltron 074057 – Aesthetically Pleasing & Reliable
- 6. Broan 174 – Energy Efficient & Flexible
- 7. DeLonghi HMP1500 – Portable & Can be Installed Anywhere
- Electric Wall Heater Safety Tips