Lasagna is a favorite meal for many and a great option for dinners and family gatherings. To make the best lasagna though, you need good meat, fresh veggies and pasta, spices, and a good lasagna pan.
The question then, is what makes a good lasagna pan? What do you need to look out for when choosing the pan? What material, shape, and size is the best?
All these questions and more is what this lasagna pans review answers, plus a list of the top pans in the market and a quick guide on how to make that best choice.
What to Check Before Buying Best Lasagna Pan?
To make the best lasagna, you need all the right items and that includes good meats, vegetables, spices, and of course, the right lasagna pan.
You’ll need to understand the important aspects of a lasagna pan, so you can make an informed decision when choosing, and these aspects are as follows:
1. Types of Lasagna Pans
All lasagna pans are not the same, they have different designs and dimensions, which makes each type more suited for certain types or sizes of lasagna.
Here are some major types of lasagna pans. By understanding the unique features of each type, you can then choose the exact type that’ll better meet your needs.
Deep Dish. A deep dish lasagna pan is usually deeper than two inches, with most of the pans exceeding three inches. You need such a pan when you’re making lasagna with lots of layers and fillings.
Multiple Compartments. Some lasagna pans feature multiple compartments and this can come in handy at times. For instance, when you need to make a slightly different lasagna for each person, a multi-compartment pan will do the job beautifully.
You should note, however, that there’s no fixed design or number of compartments, as each manufacturer will often come up with a unique design.
Roasting Pans. This type of pan is large and deep, and ideal for roasting food like veggies and meats on a stove or in the oven. Roasting pans can come as a disposable heavy tin foil material or as a more sturdy metal that can last for many uses.
The important feature here is that they can withstand high temperatures and this makes them ideal for many uses. This is the type of pan that you need if you intend to make lasagna for a large family or group.
This is a decision that you’ll have to reach by yourself. Lasagna pans are available in many sizes, starting from a few inches up to 14 inches for most pans.
Your choice will depend on how many people you intend to cook for, and you should also consider using the pan for making other dishes like egg casseroles, macaroni and cheese, and other meat and vegetable dishes.
Most of the lasagna or casserole pans that you’ll find are from three main materials, namely: metal, glass, and ceramic. They each come with their advantages and disadvantages, so you’ll need to make a personal choice based on the material that best meets your needs.
Metal. This is a popular material, which is best known for easily heating up and for making crispy lasagna edges. Some metal pans, such as stainless steel are simply left bare, while others get enameled to make them easier to keep clean.
Glass. With glass, you get a lovely dish for serving your meals and it’s also the best for making dishes that take a long time to cook, such as lasagna. This is because it heats slowly, but maintains the heat longer than metals, once it’s hot.
Ceramic. These are often the most beautiful casserole dishes that you’ll find. They come in different shapes, colors, and designs, and it’s left for you to make a choice. Ceramics behave much like glass. They heat up slowly and keep their heat longer.
The ease of cleaning your bake-ware is something else worth considering. Most metal and glassware are easy to clean, including glazed ceramics. Unglazed ceramics, however, can pose a maintenance problem.
5. Ease of Use
Another factor to consider is extras and accessories like handles and a lid. A lasagna pan with handles makes it easier for you to carry your dish from the oven to the table, and a pan with lid opens up many more cooking possibilities for you.
7 Best Lasagna Pans of 2021 Reviewed
1. Cuisinart 6117-14 (Best Overall)
2. Cook Pro 561 (Best Budget Set)
3. Cuisinart 7117-14RR (Best Stainless Steel Build)
4. HIC 98020 (Best Ceramic Design)
5. Chicago Metallic 26783 (Three-In-One)
6. All-Clad 2100062411 (Lovely Stainless Steel Pan)
7. Cuisinart CI1136-24BG (Beautiful Enameled Pan)
1. Cuisinart 6117-14 – Best Overall
- Dimensions: 2.5 x 17.5 x 10 inches
- Material: Anodized aluminum
- Weight: 4 pounds
This Cuisinart 6117 follows in the long tradition of Cuisinart products to offer both culinary and artistic values in the kitchen. It’s simple but beautiful, reliable and elegant.
It’s manufactured using aluminum which guarantees a fast and even heat distribution. Furthermore, it’s additionally anodized, which provides a tough exterior that’s guaranteed to last a long while.
Measuring 17.5 x 10 x 2.5 inches, it offers enough space to make lasagnas for a small to medium-sized group.
The interior features a nonstick surface that’s titanium reinforced for a smooth and durable cooking experience, and there are stainless steel handles that both add a classy look to this pan and additionally make it convenient to carry around.
One thing that’s missing is a lid, but considering the beauty, high-quality, and lifetime warranty supporting this roaster pan, it’s still one of the best lasagna pans out there and a great deal at a great price.
- Features a simple but classic look
- It’s made of anodized aluminum
- Offers enough space for lots of people
- Comes with lovely stainless steel handles
- The package does not include a lid
- It’s not induction-ready
2. Cook Pro 561 – Best Budget
- Dimensions: 12.5 x 9.5 x 2.5 and 16.5 x 12 x 2.5 inches
- Material: Stainless steel
- Weight: 5.2 pounds
This set offers you lots of value for your money. First, you get two pans, a smaller and a larger one. Then each pan also comes with a roasting rack inside. This gives you the freedom of choosing the best size to cook with.
The pans are stainless steel and each is polished to a mirror finish. This additionally lets you use it for serving. You can also cook with both pans at a go, making this package the best lasagna pans for hosting large events.
Although the pans are not made from heavy-gauge stainless steel, they’re still sturdy enough to last for many years and Cook Pro backs them with a 1-year warranty.
- Features a 4-piece set with two pans
- Also includes a roasting rack for each pan
- Made of mirror polished stainless steel
- Backed by a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty
- The stainless steel is not heavy gauge
- The handles don’t lock in place
3. Cuisinart 7117-14RR – Best Stainless Steel
- Dimensions: 13 x 10.5 x 3 inches
- Material: Stainless steel
- Weight: 4.7 pounds
Here’s another Cuisinart offer and this time, it’s a stainless steel lasagna pan that’s so beautifully polished to a mirror finish, and perfect for serving your food in an impressive way.
In addition to looks, this pan is also dishwasher safe and comes with a lifetime warranty from Cuisinart. It measures 13 x 10.5 x 3 inches and does not react with food because it’s 100% stainless steel.
Cuisinart also adds a stainless steel roasting rack, which is a great addition that helps to increase the multi-usability of this pan.
There are two handles on the pan, and although they’re also stainless steel, they’re not polished like the rest of the pan. Secondly, not everyone likes stainless steel, and the pan also doesn’t include a lid.
Still, it’s a nice consideration for anyone on the search for the best 4-inch lasagna pans.
- Beautiful pan is ideal for cooking & serving
- Features a polished mirror-finish stainless steel
- The package includes a stainless steel roasting rack
- Backed by Cuisinart’s lifetime warranty
- The package doesn’t include a lid
4. HIC 98020 – Best Ceramic Lasagna Pan
- Dimensions: 13 x 9 x 2.5 inches
- Material: Ceramic
- Weight: 4 pounds
For the best ceramic lasagna pan, check out this offer from HIC Harold. It’s a beautifully curved and glazed ceramic roasting lasagna pan, dishwasher safe, and great for serving meals as well.
For its minus points, it lacks handles, which means that you’ll need more effort to remove it from the oven and serve your lasagna. It also lacks a lid and doesn’t come with any accessories whatsoever.
On the bright side, this beautiful ceramic pan is also available in other sizes and with handles. This offer is the 13 x 9-inch model, but you can also choose the 8.5 x 5.5-inch model, or the13 x 9-inch model with handles.
- Simple but classic design
- Microwave and broiler safe up to 500 degrees F
- Dishwasher safe and easy to clean up
- Comes backed by a 1-year manufacturer warranty
- It has no handles
- It’s only available in white
5. Chicago Metallic 26783 – Three-In-One
- Dimensions: 12 x 15 x 3 inches
- Material: Aluminum
People are different. So, while someone might like sausages in his lasagna, the other person could be vegetarian or simply prefer minced pork in his.
Chicago Metallic’s triple-compartment pan makes it possible to satisfy everyone at once. The different compartments can hold different lasagna recipes, while all baking at once.
This top-rated lasagna pan is not just great for lasagna, you can also use it to bake a lot of stuff like cakes and bread loaves, as well as other unique recipes.
It comes with a non-stick coating and although it’s dishwasher safe, hand-washing is the recommended cleaning method to prolong its lifespan. It’s also only oven-safe till 450 degrees F and sharp utensils can damage the coating.
Chicago Metallic backs it up with a 25-year warranty.
- Lets you create up to three different lasagna recipes at a go
- Ideal for making cakes and bread as well
- Features a nonstick coating for convenience
- Backed by a solid 25-year warranty from Chicago Metallic
- Dish-washing it will cut its lifespan
- Sharp utensils can damage the nonstick coating
6. All-Clad 2100062411 – Lovely Stainless Steel
- Dimensions: 15 x 12 x 2.75 inches
- Material: Stainless steel
This is one of the few lasagna pans that are so beautifully built and to high standards as well. It’s made using heavy-gauge 18/10 stainless steel and mirror polished to perfection.
The package also includes a lid, making it the only offer in this review with a lid. This makes it a more versatile pan because this lid will often come in handy.
What it lacks though, is a rack. Having a roasting rack in the package would have made this offer more versatile and valuable. It’s also not cheap.
Its curves and the shape of its handles all point to a meticulously designed lasagna pan, which is dishwasher, oven, and broiler safe up to 600 degrees Fahrenheit, without the lid.
- Lovely lasagna pan design
- Made from durable heavy-gauge stainless steel
- Features a lid for versatility
- Mirror polished exterior makes it perfect for serving
- It resists temperatures up to 600 degrees F
- Its price is on the high side
- Would have been better if it came with a rack
7. Cuisinart CI1136-24BG – Beautiful Enameled
- Dimensions: 18 x 10.5 x 3.7 inches
- Material: Enameled cast iron
- Weight: 3.3 pounds
Some people like things the old way and what better place to express that love than in the kitchen? Cuisinart offers something for enameled cookware lovers here, and it’s as lovely as any other Cuisinart masterpiece.
You get a cast iron pan that’s enameled in cardinal red or in provincial blue on the exterior while maintaining a white interior.
There are no explicit handles on this pan, but the longer sides extend sideways long enough to offer enough space for a comfortable grip. This remains less firm than on normal handles, however, and enameled pans also don’t look very modern.
Still, this is a great offer for enameled cookware lovers. There are different options to choose from. From this rectangular pan to round and even square ones. Cuisinart backs them up with a lifetime warranty.
- Enameled pan does not alter your food’s flavors
- Made of cast iron for even heat distribution
- Available in different sizes and colors
- Backed by Cuisinart’s lifetime warranty
- The handles don’t offer a firm grip
- Enameled pans don’t look modern
We’ve come to the end of this lasagna pans review and you can see the plenty of offers in different designs and price classes out there.
If you don’t have the time to choose and you simply want the best overall lasagna pan, then our recommendation is the Cuisinart 6117-14 with its anodized finish and large 2.5 x 17.5 x 10-inch dimensions.
If you’re on a budget, then the Cook Pro 561 is definitely worth your consideration as it offers you the best value for money.
Else, if a little variety means a lot to you, then consider the Chicago Metallic 26783 3-in-1 pan. With its 3-compartment offer for three recipes and 25-year warranty.
In this post:
- What to Check Before Buying Best Lasagna Pan?
- 5. Ease of Use
- 7 Best Lasagna Pans of 2021 Reviewed