The LED work light is a lifesaver for those who normally work at night or in dim environments.
This tool is equipped with a super bright LED component that will clearly illuminate your work area. This will provide you with better safety and accuracy on the job.
Most top-rated LED work lights usually have a rugged build construction that makes them durable and long-lasting.
Also, this tool consumes a low amount of energy and do not output a lot of heat. This makes them safer to use in tight areas.
If you are fresh on the market for the best LED work light, then we have you covered with our review below. Let’s get to it!
What To Check Before Buying Best LED Work Light?
1. Working condition
When purchasing an LED work light, the working condition is the most important aspect to consider.
You need to consider the environment that you will be using it in. For example, if you plan to use your LED work light in humid conditions, then it must be fully weatherproof as well as waterproof. Check for ratings like IP65.
Moreover, for those who will depend on the LED work light for an extended period, it is always best to go with a model that has a rugged build construction for durability.
The brightness of the LED work light will basically determine its ability to illuminate the work area.
Some of the best LED work lights on the market usually come with a brightness of 2,000 lumens or more.
However, more is not always better when it comes to brightness as a work light that is overly bright may be too dazzling. Hence, it is best to go with a model that suits your need.
If you need to illuminate a large area, go with a model of at least 2,000 lumens. For small areas, even a 250 lumens light will do the job.
3. Power source
The LED work light basically comes in 2 types. A corded model that you plug in a power source and a cordless model that is powered by a battery.
The corded model is generally more powerful and can output a higher brightness because it gets more power from the socket.
However, one major caveat with this type of LED work light is that the wires can get in the way. It also does not have a long reach because this will depend on the length of electrical wire that it comes with.
On the other hand, the cordless LED work light is more practical because you can carry it anywhere. You don’t need to depend on an electric power source for it to work.
This makes it more versatile. But a major disadvantage with this type of LED work light is that it requires a frequent recharge.
The LED work light is usually found in 2 main styles: The handheld and the self-standing.
Handheld: One of the biggest advantages of the handheld LED work light is maneuverability. It is usually small and compact, so it easily fits in the palm of your hands.Moreover, this style is lightweight, so you will have no problem maneuvering it without getting hand fatigue.However, a major disadvantage of the handheld is that since it is small, it packs a small LED component which is less bright than its self-standing counterpart.
Self-standing: The self-standing LED work light is by far the most powerful work light that you can get. As its name suggests, it has a stand at the bottom that holds it in place.Of course, you can also fully adjust this work light so that it illuminates your chosen work area. The self-standing rock light is usually the preferred type of light used by car mechanics and other professionals who need a powerful illumination source to work.Sure, it is not as portable as a handheld style, but when it comes to brightness, it is definitely unbeatable.
5. Run time
One of the biggest advantages of LED light is its low power consumption. And since the LED component does not use a lot of power, it allows the work light to have a long run time while still being able to output a fair amount of light.
Of course, the run time of the LED work light is only applicable for cordless models that are powered by batteries.
We recommend that you go with a model that offers you a run time of at least 5 hours. This should be long enough to allow you to get a decent amount of work done before you need a recharge.
6. Resistance proof
Furthermore, you need to ensure that the LED work light has a rugged build construction that will make it is durable and long-lasting.
It must have good resistance against shocks and impacts. You don’t want your LED work light to break if it falls or gets hit by a tool while working.
Also, it needs to be resistant to water and have a rating of IP65. Waterproof LED work lights can be used both indoors and outdoors, which makes them very flexible.
If you are planning to carry your LED work light everywhere, then it is best to go with a model that is portable.
For portability, you need a model that is lightweight and has a handle that allows you to easily carry it anywhere.
In case you choose to go with a handheld LED work light, then go with a model that is small and compact. It will be very portable and easy to carry.
10 Best LED Work Lights of 2021 Reviewed
1. Snap-on 922261 (Bright & Energy Efficient)
2. DeWalt DCL050 (Quality with Pivoting Head)
3. Cat CT1000 (Highly Affordable & Extremely Portable)
4. Bosch FL12 (Excellent Build Construction)
5. Tacklife LWL3B (Ultra-Bright & Portable)
6. Neiko 40464A (Large Capacity Rechargeable Battery)
7. Neiko 40339A (Superior Runtime & Easy to Use)
8. Hallomall GD-929 (Equipped with USB Ports)
9. PowerSmith PWL2140TS (Bright Light with Telescopic Tripod)
10. Onforu UWKBD003101 (Superior Brightness & Waterproof)
1. Snap-on 922261 – Bright and Energy Efficient
- Brightness: 2,000 lumens
- Color temperature: 5,000 K
- Power source: Corded-electric, 120 V
The Snap-on 922261 is a professional grade LED work light that has a brightness of 2,000 lumens. It is bright enough to clearly illuminate a small workshop. This model has excellent energy efficiency, and despite its high brightness, it remains cool to the touch. It is perfectly safe to use anywhere.
With its color temperature of 5,000 K, you get a decent quality light that is not overpowering and will cause eye fatigue. At the top of the unit, there is an ergonomic handle for portability.
When it comes to adjustments, no problem. You can easily tilt the direction of the light with the built-in angle knobs.
The built construction of this model is also superb, and this is an LED work light that will not break easily.
The only caveat with this model is its steep price. It could have been more competitive. Also, the cord length is only 1.8 m, which is not very long.
You may need an extension with this unit. But despite all this, the Snap-on 922261 is still one of the best LED work lights out there based on brightness and efficiency.
- Bright with 2,000 lumens
- Stays cool to the touch. Energy efficient
- The comfortable color temperature of 5,000 K
- Ergonomic carry handle. Portable
- The price. It’s expensive
- Short cord length of 1.8 m
2. DeWalt DCL050 – Quality Work Light with Pivoting Head
- Brightness: 250 and 500 lumens
- Power source: Cordless, 20 V
The DeWalt DCL050 is built to last. Indeed, this model is made from quality materials that make it extremely durable. You can easily use this model as a heavy-duty work light.
What we also like about this unit is its handy pivoting LED head that can be adjusted anywhere from 0 to 140 degrees. You will have no problem finding the right amount of light as well as the right light angle with this model.
One outstanding feature of this LED work light is its handle. It is coated with a soft rubber material that makes it very comfortable to hold and ergonomic. It will not cause hand fatigue even with extended use.
Moreover, this unit comes with 2 different brightness levels of 250 and 500 lumens depending on your need. And despite the DeWalt DCL050 being one of the best cordless LED work lights on the market, it still has a few problems.
For one, the brightness is still average despite being versatile. Also, the light is not very wide, so you cannot use this unit to illuminate a large area.
- Head can easily be pivoted from 0 to 140 degrees
- Excellent built construction. Durable and long-lasting
- Comes with 2 brightness settings for convenience
- Ergonomic handle. Comfortable to hold
- Not the brightest model
- The light is not widespread
3. Cat CT1000 – Highly Affordable and Extremely Portable
- Brightness: 175 lumens
- Power source: Cordless, 3 AAA batteries
- Run time: 7 hours
With its 175 lumens, the Cat CT1000 is not the brightest LED work light. However, what this model loses in brightness, it makes up in portability and price. Indeed, this model is one of the best cheap LED work lights you can get. And, the CT1000 is one of the smallest and most portable models you will find in this review.
Due to its very small size, you can easily carry it in a jacket pocket. Moreover, it produces a flooding light which means that it will illuminate a wider angle. The base is fully magnetic, so you can easily attach it to any metal surface for more convenience.
This work light requires 3 AAA batteries that are readily available everywhere.
If you need a small LED work light that is extremely easy to carry, this model is the best portable LED light that you can get. The only problems with it are its low light output and the warranty period is only 3 months.
- Very small and compact. Highly portable
- Affordable and value for money
- Magnetic base. Sticks easily to metal surfaces
- Uses 3 AAA batteries. Available everywhere
- A low brightness of 175 lumens
- The warranty period is 3 months only
4. Bosch FL12 – Excellent Build Construction
- Brightness: 300 lumens
- Power source: Cordless, 12 V
- Run time: 6 hours
What we like about the Bosch FL12 is the superior build construction that makes it durable and long-lasting. This model is built to last as it is made with care and from high-quality materials.
The LED component itself is not the brightest we have seen, with 300 lumens. However, it is still decently bright to illuminate a small area for work purposes.
Since this is a cordless model, it uses batteries. You can use either a 2.0 AH battery or 4.0 AH battery with this model, that will effectively double its run time.
With a 2.0 AH battery, you get an impressive 6 hours of runtime. You also have the possibility to fully adjust the direction of the light beam as it has a swivel for the adjustment.
The base of this LED work light is small but stable. As a matter of fact, the base is fully compatible with a regular camera tripod.
All in all, if you need a high-quality LED work light that will last you a long time, then this Bosch model is one of the best battery-powered LED work lights that you can get.
The only problem we have with it is that the light beam is not very widespread, and it is a bit expensive.
- Superior build construction. Durable and long-lasting
- Small and compact. Easy to carry
- The base is compatible with a regular tripod
- The price
- The light beam is not widespread
5. Tacklife LWL3B – Ultra-Bright and Portable
- Brightness: 5,000 lumens
- Power source: Corded-electric, 120 V
There are 2 departments where the Tacklife LWL3B is a real winner. First, this model can output 5,000 lumens of light which is very bright. Also, it has a small and compact form factor, so you can carry and install it anywhere you want with ease. It is highly portable.
The base of this LED work light is also quite large and stable. You can fully adjust the light in any direction for convenience. Moreover, the light beam of 120 degrees is large, which provides you with an excellent viewing angle.
What we like about this model is its competitive pricing, especially considering how bright it is. And since it is IP65 rated, it is fully waterproof. You can use it comfortably both indoors as well as outdoors in humid environments.
The only issue we take with this work light is that it gets quite warm, especially when used for an extended period. However, it remains one of the best LED work lights because it is very portable and ultrabright. Not to mention its very competitive pricing.
- Very bright with a light output of 5,000 lumens
- Small and compact. Highly portable
- Competitive pricing considering its brightness
- IP65 rated. Waterproof and can be used outdoors
- It gets hot with extended use
6. Neiko 40464A – Large Capacity Rechargeable Battery
- Brightness: 350 lumens
- Power source: Cordless, 3.7 V
- Run time: 5 hours
The Neiko 40464A is the smaller brother of the 40339A reviewed below. This model outputs 350 lumens which are good enough for automotive or general construction work. However, what we like about this unit is that it is equipped with a heavy-duty and powerful 4,000 mA rechargeable lithium-ion battery.
Even if this unit outputs only 350 lumens with a runtime of 5 hours, the battery itself will last a very long time as it is durable. You get all accessories with this LED work light, including a USB charger and USB cables for recharging.
It also comes with a swivel hook that you attach at the top as well as a magnetic mount. Those features will provide you with hands-free operation while using this LED work light.
On top of that, we find an industrial-grade polycarbonate lens that provides a high level of protection to the LED component. Therefore, you can safely use this LED work light in tight areas and not worry about impacts. It is quite durable.
The only thing that could have been better with this model is its brightness of 350 lumens. Considering its powerful battery, it could have been brighter.
- Heavy-duty and large capacity 4,000 mA lithium-ion rechargeable battery
- Durable and long-lasting. LED is protected with a polycarbonate lens
- Comes with all accessories, including a magnetic base and swivel hook
- It could have been brighter than 350 lumens
7. Neiko 40339A – Superior Runtime and Easy to Use
- Brightness: 700 lumens
- Power source: Cordless, 3.7 V
- Run time: 11.5 hours
The Neiko 40339A is a cordless LED work light that has a unique form factor. This model has a baton shape so that you can easily hold it. It is very easy to use. But what we like the most about this unit is its superior runtime of 11.5 hours.
With such a long runtime, you will not have to frequently recharge this entity work light, and it will provide you with many hours of work in remote locations.
You can fully adjust the light output with its 3 modes. You have a high mode that has a runtime of 4.2 hours and outputs 700 lumens. Then, at medium mode, it has a runtime of 6.5 hours and can output 400 lumens. Finally, low mode will provide you the impressive 11.5 hours while outputting 250 lumens.
The only caveats we find with this model is its price, which could have been better considering this is only a 700 lumens LED work light. In addition, this unit is not backed by any warranty.
However, it remains one of the best rechargeable LED work lights on the market because it uses a USB port for charging. It is very convenient, and you can recharge it anywhere, whether it is at home or in the vehicle.
Notes: You get 11.5 hours of runtime in low mode only. In low mode, this model outputs 250 lumens.
- Long runtime of 11.5 hours
- Easy to use by beginners
- Magnetic base with swivel hook for easy attachment
- It has 3 different light settings
- The price could have been a little better considering the brightness
- Does not come with a warranty
8. Hallomall GD-929 – Equipped with USB Ports
- Brightness: 1,800 lumens
- Color temperature: 6,000 K
- Power source: Cordless, 110-240 V
The Hallomall GD-929 is a small and compact LED work light that is highly portable. But one outstanding feature of this model is that it is equipped with USB ports, so you can easily charge your devices like smartphones with it.
It is equipped with 24 LED lights that that output a total of 1,800 lumens and have a low power consumption. Since this model is powered by a lithium-ion battery, you can carry and use it anywhere. You don’t need a power cord or electricity to use this LED work light which makes it very convenient.
In case of emergency, it comes equipped with 2 red and 2 blue flashing lights that can easily be seen at long distances. Also, you can purchase this model in no less than 3 different colors.
This model is one of the best work lights we have to offer in this LED work light review. Its 1,800 lumens of brightness is not the brightest out there.
But it is still more than enough to illuminate a work area for most people. Also, it has features like USB ports as well as emergency lights that makes it worth the money.
- Contains USB ports to recharge electronic devices
- Portable and battery-powered
- 2 red and 2 blue flashing emergency lights
- Not the brightest model we have seen
9. PowerSmith PWL2140TS – Bright Light with Telescopic Tripod
- Brightness: 4,000 lumens
- Color temperature: 5,000 K
- Power source: Corded-electric, 120 V
The PowerSmith PWL2140TS is an excellent model for those who need to illuminate a wide area at a distance. This light can do this because it is equipped with a bright 4000 lumens LED component. It also has a telescopic lens which will allow you to adjust the height.
And since you can tilt the LED lights individually 30 degrees down and 90 degrees up, it is extremely flexible to use at work. This feature alone easily makes this model one of the best LED work lights out there.
Not to mention that this work light is made from a tough diecast aluminum housing. It is very durable and long-lasting since aluminum is non-reactive and weatherproof. You can safely use this light both indoors as well as outdoors since it has an IP65 rating.
And best of all, this unit comes with a 9 feet power cord, so you can install it at a distance from the power sockets.
We only take issue with the fact that the On/Off switch of this unit is made from plastic, and not very durable. Also, the stand feet are quite large, so it is a tripping hazard.
- Comes with dual LED lights
- Flexible illumination since you can tilt both lights individually
- Easy to use telescopic stand for height adjustments
- Able to illuminate long distances
- On/Off switch is made from plastic. Lacks durability
- The stand legs are large, so you can trip easily
10. Onforu UWKBD003101 – Superior Brightness and Waterproof
- Brightness: 7,600 lumens
- Color temperature: 5,000 K
- Power source: Corded electric, 110-240 V
The Onforu UWKBD003101 is a true winner when it comes to brightness. Indeed, with its impressive 7,600 lumens, this model is by far the brightest that you will find in this review.
If you normally work in very dark conditions and need a well-lit work environment, then this is the model to get. Best, this LED work light is IP 65 rated, so it is fully waterproof.
This model is self-standing, and it comes with metal stands for durability. The ends of the stands have plastic grommets for safety and better stability when based on the ground. You can rotate this light 180 degrees vertically and 360 degrees horizontally for lighting flexibility.
The only caveat we have with this LED work light is its power cord of 5 m. It could have been longer. But other than this, this model is the brightest LED work light for the money. Especially if you need a lot of brightness.
- Very high brightness of 7,600 lumens
- Easy to rotate the light position
- Heavy-duty and stable metal stand
- The power cord could have been longer than 5 m
As we have seen, the LED work light is an absolute must-have for those who work at night in lowlight conditions. It is very easy to use, and most models have a handle so that you can hang it anywhere for convenience.
But one of the best things about the LED work light is that it has a rugged build construction that makes it heavy-duty and very durable. So, this is not a purchase that you will have to make every year.
In this post:
- What To Check Before Buying Best LED Work Light?
- 10 Best LED Work Lights of 2021 Reviewed
- 1. Snap-on 922261 – Bright and Energy Efficient
- 2. DeWalt DCL050 – Quality Work Light with Pivoting Head
- 3. Cat CT1000 – Highly Affordable and Extremely Portable
- 4. Bosch FL12 – Excellent Build Construction
- 5. Tacklife LWL3B – Ultra-Bright and Portable
- 6. Neiko 40464A – Large Capacity Rechargeable Battery
- 7. Neiko 40339A – Superior Runtime and Easy to Use
- 8. Hallomall GD-929 – Equipped with USB Ports
- 9. PowerSmith PWL2140TS – Bright Light with Telescopic Tripod
- 10. Onforu UWKBD003101 – Superior Brightness and Waterproof