Whether you have to plan a party outdoors or simply take a picnic, a portable electric stove comes handy to help you serve hot and freshly made meals to your family. Surely, you will need the best portable electric stove to enjoy cooking to the maximum.
Imagine, all your friends have planned a trip, and you are in charge of the refreshments. Would you rather serve cold food or warm and freshly made food items?
Well, our guess is that you would prefer freshly made or warmed food over cold eatables. A portable electric stove is easy to carry.
In this portable electric stove review, discover the leading models in the niche and also refer to the buying guide to make a better decision.
What to Check Before Buying Best Portable Electric Stove?
Before purchasing any electric device, there are a couple of things that one should note. You can look for the best single burner electric stove or the one with two burners. It depends on the kind of stove you need.
These stoves are very beneficial for the people that take frequent outdoor trips or move a lot. There are all kinds of models available in the category, you can pick the one that suit your budget.
Other features that you are required to consider in the best portable electric stove for cooking are given below. Keep reading to find some useful information.
One of the most significant features of a travel-friendly electric stove is its portability. It is an essential qualification of an electric stove. Make sure that it is lightweight and compact in profile.
While buying a portable electric stove, carefully check its weight and dimensions. You can find products in as minimum weight as 2 lbs, and it can go up to 9 lbs. Since this is a portable product, lesser the weight, less trouble you will have in carrying it.
2. Temperature Control
Most to all best portable electric cooktops will give you versatility in temperature control. Since all the food items have different temperature requirements, you should pick a product that does not work on a constant temperature.
There should be temperature increments so that you can enjoy more flexibility in the stove. Most of the high-quality stoves offer temperature settings from 140 to 460-degree F.
Yes, you can get temperature flexibility but what matters the most is the intervals between one temperature setting to the other. Mostly, there are 8 – 10 intervals at 20 degrees additions. This way, you can enjoy more freedom.
3. Cooking Surface and Types of Proper Cookware
In any electric cookware, the cooking surface or the plate on which the cooking has to be done matters the most. Most of these induction stoves come with ceramic or glass plates.
These plates are fragile in nature therefore, you should be cautious about the kind of cookware that you might want to place on it. Also, once you are done with the cooking, you can place a silicone mat on the top to maintain the plate.
The other models come with heating coils that are made of copper or aluminum material. The body is mostly made of stainless-steel material. You can place cast-iron, aluminum or steel cookware on these stoves.
The portable stoves are mostly available in silver or black colors. The shapes that you can find in these products are usually round, square, or rectangular.
The cord with the stove is also pretty decent so that you can use in all kind of outdoor and indoor conditions.
4. Additional Features
If you are opting for the modern-day stoves then there is a variety of features that you get in these products. First of all, these come with stunning looks. They are compact, and have a sleek profile.
There are some models that come with indicator lights for each temperature level. Other feature that you can get in portable electric stoves is that there are exhaust fans. But such models are usually noisy.
One of the most appreciable features that you will also appreciate is that these products come with auto shut-down feature that will automatically turn off the unit when there is no cookware on its top.
You can also find models with LCD or LED displays. Some models are operated through dials whereas others have touch sense to select a function. As the features of these units will increase, the price will also considerably rise.
5. Easy to Clean
Hygiene is important in every appliance, especially that is related to cooking. The standard models that are available on the market comes with coil burners. Such products are difficult to clean because of the holes in the burner.
At the same time, the ones that comes with a solid plate are easy to clean because you can simply wipe them with a damp cloth, without any hassle.
10 Best Portable Electric Stoves of 2021 Reviewed
1. Duxtop BT-200D3 (High Power Levels)
2. Secura 9100MC (High Wattage)
3. Techwood ES-3201C (With Two Burners)
4. Proctor Silex 34103 (Most-affordable)
5. Cadco CSR-3T (Highly-priced)
6. Cuisinart CB-30 (High Brand Value)
7. Duxtop 8100MC (Smart Design)
8. Duxtop ES-3102 (With Cool Touch Handles)
9. NuWave 30101 (Most-expensive)
10. Cusimax CMIP-B120 (Lightweight)
1. Duxtop BT-200D3 – Best -with High Power Levels
- Weight: 7.3 lbs
- Wattage: 100W – 1800W
In the race of the best portable electric stoves, this model from Duxtop is a great choice to make. No wonder that you will have to spend a lot of money on it but in return, you get amazing features as well.
To begin with, this product is energy efficient and comes with 20 pre-set power levels and temperature levels that vary from 100 to 460-degree F.
There is a digital LCD sensor with touch control panel. Using the timer button, you can set cooking time for up to 10 hours. Also, there is a fast boil button to help in boiling the water.
Furthermore, there is an auto-pan detection button that will automatically shut-off the unit if there is no pan on its top for 60 seconds. Overall, it is a great product with very little to dislike, other than the increased price.
- Comes with 2-year of warranty
- Auto-pan detection feature
- Auto shut-off is pan is not detected
- Comes with 20 pre-set power levels
- The price is a little on the higher side
2. Secura 9100MC – Best with High Wattage
- Weight: 6.9 lbs
- Wattage: 200W – 1800W
Among the race of the smallest electric stoves, this model is definitely a rank-holder. It is a super-portable model and comes with all the necessary features of a smart electric stove.
It comes with 15 power levels that goes up from 200W to 1800W. Also, there are multiple temperature ranges from 140 to 460 degrees F.
The digital panel helps in monitoring the settings on which the device is working. This way, you can easily make changes in the settings and select the ones that will suit your needs.
The count down digital timer works with the increments of 1 and goes up to 170 minutes. Just like the previous model, this one also comes with auto-detection of the pan. If the pan is not detected for 60 seconds, the device will automatically turn off.
One of the drawbacks is that this product is compatible with induction-ready cookware only. Also, size is not suitable for larger cookware.
- Comes with 15 power levels
- Digital LCD panel to display the current settings
- Timer goes up to 170 minutes of usage
- Automatic shut-off feature
- Only compatible with induction-ready cookware
- Not suitable with large cookware
3. Techwood ES-3201C –Best -with Two Burners
- Weight: 6.2 lbs
- Wattage: 900W
Unlike the previous two models mentioned above, this one is a little different as it comes with two burners. This means that you can make more meals at one time.
It comes in a classic stainless-steel body. The features are easy to use. The compact size gives you the liberty to use counter space for other tasks. Also, the lightweight helps in taking the stove to wherever you want.
The power level is constant up to 900W. The device is energy efficient and will save a lot of energy while cooking. Fortunately, there is no cookware restriction for this product. You can use it with aluminum, glass, or stainless-steel cookware.
Furthermore, there is a thermostatic knob to set temperature from low, medium to high. It comes with 60-day money-back guarantee and 36 months warranty.
Unfortunately, there is not a lot of flexibility in temperature levels. Also, the stainless-steel material will require maintenance.
- 60-day money back guarantee and 36 months warranty
- Compatible with different cookware
- Lightweight product for easy carrying
- Comes with 2 burners for more cooking
- Less flexibility in temperature levels
- Stainless-steel material will require more maintenance
4. Proctor Silex 34103 – Most-affordable
- Weight: 2.2 lbs
- Wattage: 1000W
This model is not a smart electric stove but a standard model which comes on a highly affordable price. This model is definitely a runner-up in the race of the best portable electric stove burners.
First, this is a compact design and the weight of this product is also too less. This is not a conduction type product but comes with a heating coil.
There are very limited temperature levels in this product. You get low, medium and high temperature. Furthermore, you get a power light that indicates if the device is in working mode or not.
The construction is done with stainless-steel material and the four feet of the stove have rubber stoppers to give more firmness and stability to the stove. The cleaning of this model is also pretty simple. You can simply wipe clean the stove.
On the downside, there is no fancy feature in this product. Also, there are very limited temperature level features in this model.
- Highly-affordable electric stove
- Comes with 1-year warranty
- Light to indicate if the device is in working mode or not
- Easy to clean as you can simply wipe clean it
- Very limited temperature levels in this model
- There is no fancy feature in this product
5. Cadco CSR-3T – Classic design -Highly-priced
- Weight: 6.5 lbs
- Wattage: 1500W
This is another manual and standard electric stove but for this, you will have to spend a lot of money. About the features, the body of this product is made of stainless-steel. The durability of the product is ensured with the rigid construction of the product.
There are 4 temperature levels in this model such as high, medium, warm, and low. You can do cooking in respect to all these temperatures. The heating coil is made of high-quality.
The power light indicates if the device is working or not. You can use the rocker switch to turn the machine on or off.
The stove works on power of 1500W which is good enough for versatile cooking. Honestly, considering the price of the product, it does not give sufficient features. Also, the holes in the coil makes it difficult to clean thoroughly.
- This is a durable product
- This product comes in a classic design
- Turns on through a simple on/off rocker button
- Works on a power of 1500W
- The price of this product is too high
- Cleaning can be troublesome because of the holes in coil
6. Cuisinart CB-30 – Best with High Brand Value
- Weight: 8.20 lbs
- Wattage: 1300W
Cuisinart is one of the leading brands in the cookware and appliance industry. This product is a classic example of excellence created by the brand.
This model comes with a heavy-duty cast iron plate that ensure the durability of the product. Perhaps, that is the reason the weight of this product is more than the competitive products.
The performance of this product is ensured through 1300 watts of power. It quickly heats up and retain the heat for the maximum time. The 6 temperature settings give you versatility in cooking.
Since there is no coil, you can expect easy cleaning of the stove. One thing that you must be careful about is that the heating plate is not scratch-resistant. Make sure to prevent the scratches.
- Exceedingly durable product
- Comes with 1-year warranty
- Great performance of the stove
- Comes with 6 temperature settings
- Not as portable as some people will find it heavy
- The plate is not scratch-resistant
7. Duxtop 8100MC – Smart Portable Electric Stove
- Weight: 6.5 lbs
- Wattage: 200W – 1800W
From Duxtop, this is another induction-based electric stove, available in a decent weight and compact profile so that you can take it to places with you.
It is a smart model and comes with all the essential features. You can find 10 temperature and power levels from 200 to 1800 watts. You can increase the timer with an increment of 1, and it can go up to 170 minutes.
The burner has a glass plate that prevent food burns to maximum extent. You can expect great performance. It also ensures convenient cleaning of the stove using a damp cloth.
The 7-blade fan quickly eliminate heat from the stove and this way you can ensure long life of the product. It also comes with an auto-detect feature and gives you peace of mind while purchase through 2-year warranty.
This model is not compatible with non-induction cookware. Also, the low heat feature is not very effective.
- Comes with all the features of a smart electric stove
- Plate prevent maximum food burns
- 7-blade quick fan to eliminate heat
- Comes with 2-year warranty
- Only compatible with induction-friendly cookware
- The low heat feature is not very effective
8. Duxtop ES-3102 – Best with Cool Touch Handles
- Weight: 6.2 lbs
- Wattage: 1500W
Duxtop has also launched a conventional model as well that does not come with any fancy feature. This model is just a classic electric stove that has simple on/off button and basic heat settings.
This model works on 1500W power which can help in versatile cooking. The burner will heat up instantly and retain the heat for the longest time.
There is a cast-iron burner plate which is very productive and is super easy to clean. Other features will include adjustable thermostat, non-skid feet, and heating indicator light.
The brushed stainless-steel body make this product pretty durable. The biggest pro is the cool touch handles that helps in lifting even the hot stove conveniently.
Unfortunately, there is no flexibility in the power levels. Also, the temperature levels are very limited.
- Comes with cast-iron burner plate
- Comes with cool touch handles
- Non-skid feet to prevent accidents
- Easy to clean machine
- Zero flexibility in power levels
- There are very few temperature levels
9. NuWave 30101 – Most-expensive Electric Stove
- Weight: 6.9 lbs
- Wattage: 1300W
If you don’t mind spending a huge amount of money on a portable electric stove then this is a model for you to consider. It comes with smart features like temperature levels that increases with an increment of 10-degree F.
This model comes with programmable stage cooking functionality that goes up to 100 hours. The product is less energy consuming as well.
This is a space-friendly electric stove that comes in round shape. This model is pretty useful for the people who enjoy versatile cooking.
The high-cost of this product is definitely a dealbreaker. Also, this model does not come with any warranty.
- Consumes less energy while cooking
- Programmable stage cooking functionality
- Space-friendly electric stove
- Gives versatile cooking experience
- The cost of this model is too high
- It does not come with any warranty
10. Cusimax CMIP-B120 –Most – Lightweight
- Weight: 4.1 lbs
- Wattage: 1200W
So, this model from Cusimax is a super lightweight product that is easy to carry from one place to another. This model is constructed with promising quality of material.
This model is constructed with stainless-steel body which will require a lot of maintenance. Make sure that you don’t clean it with damp cloth and leave it for air drying. This might hamper the quality of stainless-steel.
This product comes with a constant wattage of 1200W which can be used for cooking a variety of meals. The thermostat plate is easy to clean.
This product also comes with auto turn off feature which means that if for some time, there is nothing on the top of the plate, the device will automatically turn off. Something that you might not like is that there is very less versatility in temperature levels.
- Thermostat plate is easy to clean
- Comes with auto turn-off feature
- Constant power wattage of 1200W
- Constructed with promising quality
- Stainless-steel will require maintenance
- Less versatility in temperature levels
If is not hard to find the best portable electric stove, especially when you know what to look for. The models that we have discussed above in the portable electric stove review are the leading models on the market.
If you go ahead with these models, you will not have to be disappointed in any way. Also, the buying guide will help in making the selection.
In order to make a smart purchase, make sure to read the guide carefully and understand that things to help you shop smarter and better. We are sure that you will be able to buy the right product. Happy Shopping!
In this post:
- What to Check Before Buying Best Portable Electric Stove?
- 10 Best Portable Electric Stoves of 2021 Reviewed
- 1. Duxtop BT-200D3 – Best -with High Power Levels
- 2. Secura 9100MC – Best with High Wattage
- 3. Techwood ES-3201C –Best -with Two Burners
- 4. Proctor Silex 34103 – Most-affordable
- 5. Cadco CSR-3T – Classic design -Highly-priced
- 6. Cuisinart CB-30 – Best with High Brand Value
- 7. Duxtop 8100MC – Smart Portable Electric Stove
- 8. Duxtop ES-3102 – Best with Cool Touch Handles
- 9. NuWave 30101 – Most-expensive Electric Stove
- 10. Cusimax CMIP-B120 –Most – Lightweight