Since many toilets do not come with a toilet seat, this accessory is one of the most important things to buy along with your toilet. The toilet seat will immediately provide a high level of comfort and ergonomic to your toilet, allowing you to sit for longer periods of times without experiencing back or bottom pain.
If you are the type of person who sits for an extended period of time in the toilet, then you absolutely must invest in a quality toilet seat.
Our toilet seat review below should help you find a quality model without spending too much money. Without further ado, let’s go find a high-quality seat for your toilet!
What To Check Before Buying Best Toilet Seat?
1. Size and Shape
The shape, as well as the size of your toilet seat, will depend on the model you are purchasing a seat for. Manufacturers usually make the toilet seat as a perfect fit which means that as long as the shape and size match the toilet model, it will be 100% compatible.
In addition, the shape also dictates the ergonomics of the toilet seat. In general, a toilet seat with curvy and rounded lines is more comfortable as it does not hurt part of the legs that it comes in contact with.
Therefore, you can sit on this type of toilet seat for an extended period of time without feeling any type of discomfort.
Also, in case you are purchasing a universal toilet seat, you don’t want to purchase a toilet seat that is bigger than your current seat. This is because a bigger toilet seat will not have support beneath it and can break easily when pressure is applied.
The material of your toilet seat will dictate how long it lasts. Therefore, it needs to be made from a high-grade material that is durable and will not corrode when it comes in contact with water.
Most top-rated toilet seats on the market like the Bath Royale BR606-00 are usually made out of a high-grade plastic like polypropylene that is very durable.
One of the advantages of this material is that it is cheap, durable, and can bend a little without breaking. It also offers excellent resistance to water as it does not corrode.
Toilet seats come in a wide range of colors to suit the appearance of both your bathroom as well as of your toilet. When purchasing for a toilet seat online, it is a general best to go with a model that fits the color scheme of your toilet or bathroom.
You may also want to play with contrast, such as purchasing a black or deeper colored toilet seat to match a white toilet. This color contrast generally looks great and will immediately uplift the looks of your toilet as a whole.
Of course, the whole point of the toilet seat is a comfort. You want the most comfortable seat for your toilet, especially if you are the type of person who sits on the toilet for an extended period of time.
Most of the time, a toilet seat made out of plastic will offer the most comfortable user experience because it is not cold to the touch and absorbs body heat quite well, which in turn heats the seat.
5. Specific Features
Soft close: A toilet seat with a soft close mechanism uses a special hinge that slowly closes the seat on the rim of your toilet. This has the advantage of not creating noise when closing the lid.
Quick removal: If you need to replace your toilet seat on a regular basis then you may want to go with a seat that offers the quick removal option. Instead of using nuts and bolts, you simply press hard on the hinge to remove the entire seat.
Ease of installation: Check if the manufacturer makes any mention of how easy it is to install the toilet seat. Most of the time, all that you need is some basic tools and a few minutes of your time to install the toilet seat because it is very easy to do.
Secure fit: A secure fit is very important in your seat. This is because a toilet seat that has a secure fit will not create a creaking sound when you sit on it. It will also be more comfortable to sit on.
12 Best Toilet Seats of 2021 Reviewed
1. Bath Royale BR606-00 (Durable & Long-lasting)
2. Toto C100 (Premium & Full-Featured)
3. Delta Faucet 811903-WH (Affordable & Great Value)
4. Bath Royale BR283-00 (Easy to Use by Anyone)
5. Bio Bidet BB-600 (Sophisticated)
6. American Standard 5330.010.021 (Closes Softly & Quietly)
7. Bemis 500EC 000 (Excellent Budget)
8. Brondell Swash 1200 (Controlled by Remote Control)
9. Mayfair 13EC 000 (Environmentally Friendly & Comfortable)
10. Kohler K-4774-0 (Easy to Install by Beginners)
11. Mayfair 9601CP 378 (Natural Oak Veneer Finish)
12. Kohler K-4650-7 (Aesthetically Pleasing)
1. Bath Royale BR606-00 – Durable & Long-lasting
In terms of durability, the Bath Royale is one of the best-elongated toilet seats on the market. Indeed, this model is made from a heavy-duty polypropylene that is durable and long-lasting. It is also resistant against chemicals and will not stain easily.
In addition, this toilet seat has a soft close which means that it will not harshly fall on the rim of the toilet when the lid is released. Instead, it will fall slowly and more quietly. Moreover, this toilet seat is universally compatible with almost any type of elongated toilet on the market.
You simply have to measure the dimension of the rim of your toilet and compare it to the Bath Royale to check its compatibility. As long as the size matches, it will offer a perfect fit for your toilet. Best, the material used in the construction of this toilet is a recycle polypropylene, so it is extremely easy to clean as well.
The only issues we have with this model is that it is not the most aesthetically pleasing seat out there. It is quite basic. This unit also lacks the comfort that you get from more expensive and premium grade seats.
- Made from polypropylene. Very durable and long-lasting
- Soft close feature. Slowly falls on the rim of the toilet when the lid is released
- Protection pads to protect the backside from damage
- Universally compatible with any elongated toilet on the market
- Not the most comfortable toilet seat
- Basic look
2. Toto C100 – Premium and Full-Featured
The Toto C100 is the most premium and full-feature toilet seat that you can find in this toilet seat review. Of course, it also has a price to match. This model has a very convenient arm control on the right side of the seat that allows you to control the toilet seat with the push of a button.
One of the best features of this toilet seat is that it is heated, so it will not provide any discomfort in terms of temperature. Moreover, what distinguishes this toilet seat from other models is that it is not simply a toilet seat. In fact, you can connect a water inlet to the Toto C100, and it will output a waterjet that will clean the bowl of the toilet in an instant.
Also, this toilet seat is universally compatible with any elongated and round toilet as long as it has a 50 millimeters minimum distance between the center of the mounting hole to the front of the toilet tank. Since this is an electric powered toilet seat, it will need a 120-volt power outlet for it to work.
The only issues we face with it is that the washlet wand is short and does not extend long enough. Also, this model is quite expensive, but that is expected for a premium grade toilet with so many features.
- Premium grade toilet
- Comes with more features when compared to other models
- Automatically self-cleans the toilet bowl when you are finished
- Arm control at the right side for controlling the toilet seat
- The price. It is a very expensive toilet seat
- The washlet wand does not extend enough
3. Delta Faucet 811903-WH – Affordable and Great Value
Not everybody can afford an expensive toilet seat. This is where models like the Delta toilet seat comes into play. Indeed, this is a very affordable toilet seat that anyone can buy. Additionally, the user has the option between an elongated and round shape during purchase so as to fit most toilet shapes on the market.
When it comes to building construction, this toilet seat is made from durable and long-lasting polypropylene. It is also aesthetically pleasing despite being a budget toilet seat.
But one feature that we appreciate in this unit, especially considering its affordable price is the slow close feature. This will prevent the toilet seat from slamming hard on the rim of the toilet.
And if you have never installed a toilet seat before, then don’t worry! This Delta toilet seat is incredibly easy to install as all you have to do is insert a nut on the top and fasten it with a screwdriver. Of course, you will get all the installation accessories out of the box.
Just keep in mind that the seat will easily fall back to its flat position. It may need tightening all adjustments for it to remain standing.
- Affordable. Value for money
- Flexible. Available in different sizes to fit most toilet shapes on the market
- Slow close. Prevents the lid from slamming
- Easy to install by beginners
- This seat has difficulty staying up. It may need adjustments
4. Bath Royale BR283-00 – Easy to Use by Anyone
This model is very similar to the Bath Royale BR 606-00 we have reviewed above. It is compatible with the same toilet shape, depending on the model you choose. As long as your toilet is 18.5 inches from the center of the mounting hole to the front of the toilet, the Bath Royale MasterSuite should fit.
This model is again made from a recycle polypropylene which is very durable and long-lasting. Additionally, the manufacturer offers you no less than 2 years warranty on this toilet seat, so you have nothing to lose.
Also, the durability has been tested up to 400 lbs, so this toilet seat should technically be able to fit any person of any weight with great ease. Additionally, it has a quiet close system that will prevent the lid from slamming hard on the toilet rim when released.
When it comes to installation, it is very easy as all you need is a nut and bolt to fasten the toilet seat to the toilet.
The only caveat we have with this model is that the price could have been a little more competitive. However, it still remains one of the best soft close toilet seats on the market based on its build construction, soft close feature and compatibility with universally any type of toilet out there.
- Soft close feature. Prevents the lid from slamming
- Easy to use by anyone of any age
- Comes in different sizes so as to be compatible with almost any type of toilet
- Durable and long-lasting. Can withstand the weight of 400 lbs with ease
- The price could have been a little bit more competitive
5. Bio Bidet BB-600 – Sophisticated Toilet Seat
For those who like modernity and a bit of technology in the toilet, the Bio Bidet is an excellent unit to consider as it is also one of the most sophisticated models.
This unit has an arm controller of this toilet is located at the lower right so as to control the different functions.
You are able to control the water for the posterior wash feature. Even more impressively, this unit has a variation for both male and female posterior wash. It is also kid-friendly and will not splash water everywhere if misused.
Additionally, the seat position can be controlled directly from the arm controller for better ease-of-use. The circuitry, as well as the electric motor inside this toilet seat, is also very efficient which makes it Eco-friendly. You will not use a lot of electricity with this toilet seat.
Also, the manufacturer protects you with a two-year warranty when you purchase this top-rated toilet seat. We highly recommend it because it is feature-rich, durable and very easy to use by anyone of any age.
However, we face a few problems with it. For one, the seat is slightly angled which can make it uncomfortable especially when used for an extended period. Furthermore, it is not the most durable toilet on the market.
- Full-featured toilet seat
- Arm controller allows you to control every aspect of this toilet seat with the push a button
- Posterior designed for both male and female function
- 2-year warranty from the manufacturer
- Not the most durable toilet seat. They don’t seem to last more than 5 years
- The seat is not very comfortable
6. American Standard 5330.010.021 – Closes Softly and Quietly
The Champion by American Standard is a popular toilet seat. But what separates this model from the rest of the competition is its soft close feature. You will not disturb people in the house with this toilet seat.
In addition, it packs a set of decent features that makes it worth the money. The price of this toilet seat is very attractive. We also like the fact that it is ergonomic and comfortable to use. You will not feel bottom or back fatigue with this toilet seat.
Also, this toilet seat is flexible and is available as either an elongated or round shape to suit the shape of your toilet. You can purchase it in different colors to match the color scheme of your toilet. Out of the box, you get all the installation accessories, including nuts and bolts.
The only issues we have with it is that it is not the most modern and aesthetically pleasing toilet seat out there. Also, it contains a quick release mechanism that can be dangerous to children and older people.
- Soft close and soft open feature
- Competitive pricing. Value for money
- Flexible. Available in different sizes and colors to match your toilet
- Not the most aesthetically pleasing
- The quick release mechanism can be dangerous for older people and children
7. Bemis 500EC 000 – Excellent Budget Toilet Seat
In terms of price, few models can beat the Bemis toilet seat. This unit is made out of wood, so it is quite lightweight and relatively durable. Although, not as durable and long-lasting as a plastic toilet seat.
One of the best things you can expect is that it is available in a wide range of colors to suit your bathroom and toilet color scheme. Additionally, you can purchase it in different sizes to suit both an elongated and a round toilet.
When it comes to installation, you will have absolutely no problem as this uses a twist hinges system that you simply twist in one direction to lock and the other to unlock. There is no soft close or soft open feature with this toilet seat, but this is to be expected at this price point.
All in all, if you are on a strict budget, then the Bemis is one of the best toilet seats for the money. There are few models that can compete with it based on price alone.
The only caveats with it is that it does not have a soft close feature and the plastic is not very durable. This toilet seat is not for heavy-duty use.
- Very affordable. Value for money
- Very easy to install by beginners
- Universal compatibility with almost all toilets on the market
- Does not have a soft close feature
- Not as durable as a plastic toilet seat
8. Brondell Swash 1200 – Controlled by Remote Control
The Brondell Swash is the most expensive toilet seat in this review. It is also one of the most modern looking and a feature-pack toilet seat that you can buy. You fully control this toilet seat, not with an armrest that you normally find in other premium models but with remote control.
Furthermore, it is available in different sizes to fit your toilet, whether you have a round toilet or an elongated one. The design of this toilet seat is sleek and very thoughtful. It is also incredibly comfortable as it is made from a premium plastic that will last a very long time.
It is automatically able to clean the bowl every time you are finished. Further, the water nozzle of this toilet seat is made from stainless steel which is more hygienic and will last even longer than a rubber nozzle.
You can even adjust the position of the toilet seat using the remote control, so it is incredibly user-friendly and easy to use.
Best, this unit is able to output a very look serious and bright blue LED light that will illuminate the toilet bowl at night. It seems that the only problem with this model is its very expensive pricing.
- Easy to control by remote control
- The position of the seat can be adjusted
- Blue LED light to illuminate the toilet bowl
- Easy to install. Does not require any tools
- It is very expensive
9. Mayfair 13EC 000 – Environmentally Friendly & Comfortable
The Mayfair is a model that is regarded by many people as the best toilet seat with the cover on the market. Not only does this model has a cover on top, but the cover is smooth and cushioned to provide even more comfort.
And in order to protect the environment, this toilet seat is also made from environmentally friendly materials. It is made in the USA and goes through strict quality control so as to ensure that you a quality seat. However, we note that the craftsmanship of this toilet seat is not the best but for the price, it is simply pretty decent.
Moreover, to match the color scheme of your bathroom or toilet, this unit comes in a wide range of colors as well. The Mayfair is a great example that you do not have to spend a lot of money to get a really great toilet seat.
However, this product sacrifices durability for comfort. It also lacks aesthetics when compared to more premium and expensive models.
- Affordable. Value for money
- Made from environmentally friendly materials
- Soft and cushioned cover for more comfort
- Flexible. Available in a wide range of colors
- Not as durable when compared to other toilet seats
- Craftsmanship is not the best
10. Kohler K-4774-0 – Easy to Install by Beginners
We all know Kohler and how they make high-quality bathroom accessories. This toilet seat is no different. Surprisingly, this model is also one of the most affordable solutions in this toilet seat review.
For flexibility, you also have the option to choose this toilet seat in different shapes as well as different colors to match your bathroom color scheme.
When it comes to installation, you will also have no problem as it uses a simple, quick release hinge mechanism that is extremely easy to install by even absolute beginners.
Best, this model comes with a detailed instruction manual that will show you exactly how to install it on your toilet if you have never done so before.
The only problem we find with it is that it lacks durability. However, for casual use it is more than enough.
- Quick release hinges for ease of installation
- Very affordable. Value for money
- Flexible. Comes in a wide range of colors and sizes
- Comes with a detailed instructions manual
- Not the most durable toilet seat on the market
11. Mayfair 9601CP 378 – Natural Oak Veneer Finish
If you like nature, then you will love the Mayfair Natural toilet seat. This model has a natural oak veneer finish on its surface that makes it very aesthetically pleasing. It will match any toilet regardless of size shape or color.
Best, you can choose the size of this top-rated toilet seat to fit both elongated as well as round toilets. Where this model absolutely shines is that it offers compatibility with almost any type of toilet on the market.
When it comes to installation, it uses a regular nut and bolts for the hinges, so you can fasten it quite easily on your toilet.
The only caveats we have with this toilet seat is that it does not have any soft open or close function. You also need to be careful with the veneer surface as it scratches easily.
But all in all, if you like natural wood then this is an excellent toilet seat to get.
- Aesthetically pleasing. Covered with a natural oak veneer skin
- Flexible. You can choose between elongated and round toilets
- Compatible with almost all toilets
- Does not have a soft close function
- The veneer scratches easily
12. Kohler K-4650-7 – Aesthetically Pleasing
The Lustra by Kohler is a true looker. Indeed, this model is definitely one of the most aesthetically pleasing black toilet seat we have ever seen. It has curvy lines that make it look very modern.
Furthermore, this unit is made from high-grade polyethylene, so it is very durable and long-lasting. This toilet seat is significantly more expensive than the rest of the competition, but you always get what you pay for.
Of course, this seat is equipped with a soft close and soft open functionality that will prevent it from slamming on your toilet when released.
Unfortunately, due to its shape, it fits only elongated toilets. However, the Kohler K-4650-7 remains the best-elongated toilet seat on the market when it comes to looks, functionality, and durability.
- Aesthetically pleasing. Looks very modern
- Close and soft open functionality. Will not slam against the rim of your toilet when released
- Very durable and long-lasting. Made from a high-grade polyethylene
- Only available for elongated toilets
How to Replace a Toilet Seat?
Replacing a toilet seat is an extremely easy task. But before you do, here are some tools you may need in order to replace your seat.
- Screwdriver (optional)
- New bolts and nuts
Step 1 – Remove Your Old Seat
Removing your old seat is quite easy. Normally, toilet manufacturers use a 2-bolt system to secure the seat to your toilet.
The way you remove this is by holding the seat hinge at the top with one hand and unscrew the plastic or metal bolt located at the bottom. You may need a wrench to unscrew the bottom as it may get stuck from corrosion.
Step 2 – Replace your Old Parts
Once you have removed the bolt from the nut, lift the seat, and it will come off the toilet. You now have a better toilet with no seat and the rim fully exposed. You are now ready to insert your new seat.
Step 3 – Install the New Seat
With the rim of your toilet and mounting holes exposed, insert the bolt of your new seat into the mounting hole of your toilet until the seat is aligned flush to the toilet rim. Don’t hesitate to press a little on the seat for it to align correctly to your toilet.
Step 4 – Mount Your New Seat
Place the new plastic nut to the bolt of your new seat and tighten until the seat is securely fastened to your toilet rim. You will know it is secured when there are no creaking sounds when you press on your seat.
You do not have to worry about compatibility when it comes to the toilet seat. Models like the Bath Royale BR606-00 are not only fully compatible with any elongated toilet out there but also highly durable.
But if you’re looking to impress your friends and family with a sophisticated toilet seat, then you cannot go wrong with the Toto C100.
In this post:
- What To Check Before Buying Best Toilet Seat?
- 12 Best Toilet Seats of 2021 Reviewed
- 1. Bath Royale BR606-00 – Durable & Long-lasting
- 2. Toto C100 – Premium and Full-Featured
- 3. Delta Faucet 811903-WH – Affordable and Great Value
- 4. Bath Royale BR283-00 – Easy to Use by Anyone
- 5. Bio Bidet BB-600 – Sophisticated Toilet Seat
- 6. American Standard 5330.010.021 – Closes Softly and Quietly
- 7. Bemis 500EC 000 – Excellent Budget Toilet Seat
- 8. Brondell Swash 1200 – Controlled by Remote Control
- 9. Mayfair 13EC 000 – Environmentally Friendly & Comfortable
- 10. Kohler K-4774-0 – Easy to Install by Beginners
- 11. Mayfair 9601CP 378 – Natural Oak Veneer Finish
- 12. Kohler K-4650-7 – Aesthetically Pleasing
- How to Replace a Toilet Seat?