Ribs are naturally carb-free. Of course, it does not count the carbs that you get from various sauces that you use to promote the taste. From this meal, you can expect a significant amount of proteins, iron, zinc and certain kind of vitamins such as B12 and D.
It is not always essential that you will finish the meal soon after making it. Sometimes, you have to reheat them, especially if you have frozen ones in the refrigerator. Therefore, you should know the best ways to reheat ribs without losing their freshness and genuine taste.
In this article, we will mention the methods of reheating ribs along with detailed instructions.
4 Best Ways to Reheat Ribs
Without a doubt, microwaving has been recognized as the quickest and the easiest methods of reheating ribs. It saves your time that is difficult in case of grilling or with an oven.
What will you need?
- Plastic or glass container (It is better if you use a glass or borosil container because unlike plastic, it does not have any effect on the food inside the container)
- First, you should note that the container is microwave safe otherwise it will cause accident in the kitchen.
- Now, it is time to prepare the ribs for microwaving. Place them in the heating bowl and spread the sausage over it to prevent drying. Make sure that every piece in the bowl is thoroughly covered with the sauce.
- Now, it’s time to place the bowl in the microwave and set it on medium heat.
- Set time of 3-5 minutes and once it is done, take out the ribs and check if they are done. You can touch and say if they are fully heated or not.
- If required, put them back inside the microwave and heat them for an additional 3 minutes. Mostly, the ribs don’t need any more time than this.
Now, take them out and check again if they are done. Place them on a plate and serve hot.
Note: Ribs can suck the odor of the microwave. So, before reheating them, make sure that the microwave is clean and completely odor-free.
This is one of the most effective methods to retain the genuine taste of the ribs. Among all the options, we highly suggest this if you have all the equipment available in your kitchen. But please be sure that this method will take some time for effective reheating.
What you need?
- You can start by preheating the oven at 250 degrees F
- Next, you have to coat the ribs with barbecue sauce from all sides
- It’s time to wrap them up with the aluminium sheet. You should be careful with this step as the entire piece should be thoroughly wrapped. After wrapping with a single aluminium sheet, make sure you take another one and wrap it again.
- After preheating the oven, it’s time to put the ribs in the baking pan and then insert them inside the oven. Do not put the pan inside the burning oven with your mittens on. This can cause injury and burning so be very careful about it.
- Now, turn on the oven for 20-30 minutes. However, the time used in the process depends on the number of pieces that are in the oven.
- At last, take them out of the oven and allow them to cool down for 5 minutes.
Note: If you are not planning to eat them immediately after reheating, then don’t remove the foil or the pieces will dry out.
Well, grilled meat is always the best one to taste and since we are talking about the ribs, you will like them even more when they are grilled.
Till now, you have learned how to warm up ribs in oven and microwave. Now, this method is also a little time-consuming and you have to be patient, but it will provide you with great tasting ribs.
What you need?
- Grill (it can be electric, charcoal or gas, this will not compromise the quality of the meal. However, to get restaurant-like meat, its best to prefer charcoal grill)
- Barbecue equipment
- Barbecue Sauce
- Grilling pan
- Before starting the process, make sure that the grill is clean and odor free.
- Again, in this method also, you will have to coat the ribs with the barbecue sauce and make sure it is spread everywhere on the ribs. The purpose of adding the sauce is to prevent it from drying out and also to add better flavor.
- Before placing the ribs on the grill, first you need to prepare it on medium heat. Once that’s done, you can now place the pieces on the grill.
- You should make sure that ribs are being heated thoroughly. Plus, also be careful that they don’t start to burn. Make sure of changing the side after every 2-3 minutes for even heating.
- Keep on repeating the steps until the ribs are fully prepared to be relished.
- Take them out in a plate and leave for 5 minutes.
Note: While barbecuing, if you feel that the ribs look dry then add some more barbecue sauce to add some moisture to it. This will not just promote the taste but also look great.
This method is not very popularly used but we would like to mention it anyway.
What you need?
- Apple Juice
- Barbecue Sauce
- First, fill the steamer with one fourth cup of apple juice.
- Heat it and once the juice starts to boil, hang the ribs inside the streamer.
- Keep them in for 30 minutes and don’t open the lid time and again because this way the temperature inside will lower down and the ribs might just remain uncooked.
- Now, take out the ribs and plate them. Pour some leftover apple juice onto them and dress them with barbecue sauce. They are ready to be served.
Tips on Reheating
There are some tips on how to reheat ribs that we will specify in this section:
- You should make sure that the ribs don’t dry out. So, for that, always coat them with barbecue sauce before using any reheating method other than steaming.
- Always make sure that the ribs are evenly heated from all the sides. Be very careful with this while reheating using any method. For this, you can also use cooking thermometer that will help you determine if the ribs are thoroughly cooked or not.
- Use a safe temperature of cooking and never go beyond that temperature or you will end up burning them. Also, it will hamper the taste.
Make sure to follow these simple tips while reheating ribs to retain its nutritional value and enjoy the heavenly taste.
So, by now you know how to reheat ribs in microwave, grill, steamer, and an oven. You can use the method that suits you the best.
Microwaving is for the people that are in hurry but if you want to savour the finest taste then better choose grilling or oven for the task. It will give you much better tasting ribs than any other method.