A drill guide is a tool that gives woodworkers confidence of achieving precise holes in workpieces regardless of the surface. To ensure that you will not get uneven and misaligned holes, you need to invest in the best drill guide.
You need to pay for a product that is stable, accurate and of high quality. Additionally, you have to make sure that it is compatible with your drilling tools.
If you are looking for a reliable drill guide, here are 10 picks to help you make an informed decision and get value for your money.
10 Best Drill Guide Attachments of 2021 Reviewed
1. Kreg K4MS (Best DIY Drill Guide Attachment)
2. Big Gator Tools STD1000DGNP (Best Versatile Drill Guide Attachment)
3. Milescraft 1312 (Best Budget Drill Guide Attachment)
4. Milescraft 1318 (Best Drill Guide Attachment for Angled Cuts)
5. Wolfcraft 4525404 (Best Multi-Angle Drill Angle Attachment)
6. Dremel 335-01 (Best Drill Guide Attachment with Useful Accessories)
7. Kreg MKJ (Best Positionable Drill Guide Attachment)
8. Wolfcraft 4522000 (Best Lightweight Drill Guide Attachment)
9. Taylor Toolworks 20510001A (Best Drill Guide Attachment for Perpendicular Holes)
10. Milescraft 1097 (Best Drill Guide Attachment for All the Rotary Tools)
1. Kreg K4MS – Best DIY Drill Guide Attachment
The Kreg K4MS is the Do-It-Yourself drill guide that will help you to successfully complete your household projects with much ease because it comes with bonus accessories including the Kreg face clamp and portable base which are all useful in woodworking.
This product comes with a sturdy toggle clamp, which gives this item a proven design to incredibly offer rigidity as well as uncompromising workpiece hold strength. With this rear-mounted clamp, adjustments are very easy to make as well as setting the correct setting.
You will love the three-hole drill guide as it allows you to drill pocket holes in wide material thickness and widths variety. This is with ½ to 1-1/2 inch in 1/8 inch increments.
It features a hardened steel core that features a lifetime guarantee. This implies that it is covered against any damage as long as you are using the product. With the help of this core, your workpiece is well-supported through the entire drill stroke.
To move from one place to another, this product comes with a carrying case ion the package. However, you might have to spend a little more on it, but you should be sure that it is worth the investment.
- Keeps your working space clean with the dust collection unit
- Allow numerous different clamp styles
- Easy to assemble and disassemble
- Easy to use due to user-friendly design
- Slightly expensive but it is worth the purchase
- A little heavy but the carrying bag helps manage the weight
2. Big Gator Tools STD1000DGNP – Best Versatile
This is the most versatile drill guide attachment that you will find on the market today because it features 17 drill sizes which range from 1/8 to 3/8 inches in 1/64 inches increments. Therefore, it gives you the capacity to customize your projects according to your own needs.
Additionally, this is a highly durable drill guide attachment as it features special nickel alloyed steel which is heat-treated to enhance the product’s resiliency. Therefore, this product is not about to break down and so it will give you long life service.
This is the best drill guide because it features non-plated material that has light oil coating to keep rust away. Hence, you will never have to deal with corroded material when using this product and this boosts its durability.
The product is fairly priced to give you value for your money. Additionally, it features a competitive price to enhance affordability. Nonetheless, it features a slick bottom and this implies that you might have to clamp the product down to achieve accurate holes.
- Easy to use as it comes with alignment marks
- Superior durability due to heavy-duty alloyed steel material
- Versatile design allows you to customize projects
- Fairly priced to give value and enhance affordability
- Has a slick bottom but works excellently
- A little heavy hence require care when handling
3. Milescraft 1312 – Best Budget
This is the drill guide that you should consider buying if you are running on a budget because it is competitively priced. The product comes at a pocket-friendly deal that allows you to get the best value for your cash since quality and durability are not compromised.
There are centerlines on this product that make sure that accurate alignment is not compromised when drilling into different surfaces.
Additionally, this is the type of tool that will always ensure that slipping is not part of your problem when working. For this reason, this drill guide attachment features non-slip feet for holding the drill block preventing both marring and slipping on workpieces.
Moreover, it has v-grooves that play a great role in allowing usage on corners and also cylindrical surfaces as well. This makes the product versatile enough to work on different workpieces with a lot of ease.
The product offers 6 common drill diameters including 1/8, 3/16, ¼, 5/16, 3/8, and ½ inches. This is, therefore, a hard drill guide that you need in your workshop as it fits into the user’s hands with much ease. However, you can only use it were very long drill bits are a necessity.
- Sturdy construction with non-slip design
- Highly affordable when running on a budget
- Offers accurate alignment doe to centerlines
- Can work on cylindrical and cornered surfaces
- Unsuitable for short drill bits
- Should not be exposed to prolonged use as plastic material might get too hot
4. Milescraft 1318 – Best for Angled Cuts
Here is the drill guide attachment that you get accurate cuts at the angles regardless of tricky they might seem to be. This is facilitated by the fact that the product can guide cuts at any angle that is between 45 and 90 degrees, allowing you a lot of flexibility when making the cuts.
The base of this drill guide has centering channels and this facilitates the process of attaining the right alignment. As a result, this accommodates drilling any workpiece up to 3 inches in diameter.
One of the things that you will love about this drill guide is the all-metal construction base that it comes with. The heavy-duty construction boosts the durability of the product and also gives it great durability.
Additionally, this item has an adjustable depth stop as well as spring action head control. This implies that you will never have to worry about drilling way too deep in instances where such a mistake would cost you so much or even become disastrous.
Moreover, this product attaches to all 3/8 inches and ½ inches power drills, and it comes with a 3/8 inches capacity chuck with key. However, this product weighs 3.9 pounds and this means that it is a little heavy and requires a bit of care when handling.
- Superior durability due to all-metal base construction
- Versatile design as it attaches to all 3/8 inches and ½ inches drills
- Ideal for angled and round cuts
- A little heavy as it weighs 3.9 pounds
5. Wolfcraft 4525404 – Best Multi-Angle
Here is a drill guide attachment that comes with a multi-angle function. This implies that you can use this product for vertical, angled or horizontal positions. As a result, it gives you great versatility and allows you to perform a lot of tasks.
Additionally, it comes with guide bars which feature springs that enhance quick return. Therefore, it comes in handy when performing repetitive drilling.
You will love the compatibility of this product because it attaches to all drills that are between ¼ inch and 3/8 inches. Angle positions of this drill guide attachment can go up to 45 degrees.
This is a product that is easy to use as it features a user-friendly design which is mainly demonstrated by the rubber pads it comes with. These rubber pads ensure that the base firmly holds the guide in place when working.
The product features plastic parts which require you to handle with care to prolong durability.
- Remains firm and sturdy when you work
- Ideal for working on various angles
- Professional results due to high quality
- Ideal for repetitive drilling
- Has plastic materials which should be held with care to boost durability
- Might cost you a little more
6. Dremel 335-01 – Best with Useful Accessories
Here is the product that comes with a lot of useful accessories, keeping you from incurring extra expenses. Some of the accessories it comes with include; edge guide, mounting wrench, instructions, circle cutting guide, and attachment.
Additionally, another great thing about this drill guide attachment is the ease of installation to have it up and running. This is mainly facilitated by the lock-in handle it comes with and so it takes you seconds and less effort as it requires no skills to set it up.
To enhance rapid routing adjustments, this product features two depth stops, which feature quick release. Moreover, it comes with more convenience because it also features an integrated wrench and a bit storage.
This product comes with a clear base which comes in handy to ensure that you can easily view the work surface without too much effort or challenges. Nonetheless, it takes some time to learn how to set actual depth to enhance making identical plunge cuts.
- Innovative solution that enhances visibility useful extras saves you more money
- Protects delicate workpieces
- Offers steady and firm grip
- Versatile design that allows it to work on different materials
- Unsuitable for cutting floor tiles
- Requires some time to learn how to set actual depth
7. Kreg MKJ – Best Positionable
Kreg MKJ is the most positionable drill guide jig because it does not have a positioning fence. The fenceless design gives you the capacity to make precise stock depth and angle adjustments as required, allowing you to work with unlimited material width and thickness.
The product is compact because it comes with a minimalistic design, implying that it does not require a lot of working space or storage space. The space-saving design is facilitated by the lack of reference sense, which means that material thickness adjustment is done manually.
This product comes with a wood-chip relief hole which eliminates the need for you to remove the drill for you to clean the hole. With this feature, the removed material is directed somewhere, for you to keep drilling.
You will love the hardened steel drill guide that this product comes with and this gives you a guarantee of having precise pocket holes. As a result, the bit does not deflect when hitting the workpiece.
- Unlimited lifetime warranty
- Can be positioned in any location with a lot of ease
- Comes in handy for many hard to reach applications
- Competitively priced to enhance affordability
- Only suitable for very specific applications when the smallest jig is needed
8. Wolfcraft 4522000 – Best Lightweight
Wolfcraft 4522000 is the lightest product available as it weighs 0.02 pounds. This means that the product is highly portable as you can move around with it without experiencing a lot of discomfort or fatigue.
The product features a pivotal 2-column guide that has a scale to facilitate exact inclined, vertical or horizontal drilling that allows +/- 45.
This drill stand comes with an extra handle that makes it possible to attain accurate placement. Moreover, it also makes it user-friendly by preventing skidding as you work. Therefore, it is very important for maintaining stability.
- Enhanced stability and balance as you work
- Lightweight design enhances portability
- Depth stop is adjustable
- Expensive but worth the investment
9. Taylor Toolworks 20510001A – Best for Perpendicular Holes
Here is a drill guide attachment that is ideal for drilling perpendicular holes on corners, spheres, cylinders, and flat edges, giving you no limitation on the material shape you can work on. Moreover, this product also comes in handy when centering holes on board edges.
This hand drill guide comes with a see-through square base. With the clear plastic base it comes with, you can easily view the workpiece you are working on. This eliminates any avoidable mistakes on the wood maintaining its integrity.
Besides, the 3-inch square base of this product accepts 6 hardened bushings that guide 3/16, ¼, 5/16, 3/8, 7/16 and ½ inches drill bits. However, you need to be careful on the plastic base material it comes with to boost durability.
- Clear base boosts workpiece view
- Accommodates 6 bushing sizes
- Work on materials of various shapes
- Plastic base requires care to boost durability
10. Milescraft 1097 – Best for All the Rotary Tools
This is the ideal drill guide for any rotary tool on the market as it allows you to convert Dremel style rotary gadgets into a mini drill press. Moreover, it features a frame that is compatible with all rotary tools available.
The solid metal frame it features boosts its stability and balance when you are working. Additionally, it boosts the product durability and this implies that it saves you money in the long run.
Besides this drill guide has a metal rack and pinion gearing, which is spring-loaded for controlled and smooth plunge that is very critical for you to achieve precise and uniform holes. However, this product is a little bulky and so it requires care when transporting.
- Provides level work surface
- Allows hands-free use due to locking tools
- Offers depth regulation as well as repeatability
- A little bulky hence needs care when moving it
- Can be pricey but worth the purchase
A drill guide attachment is a must-have for woodworkers as it alleviates the chances of drilling misaligned holes. Here is a list of drill guides that you can choose from.
Each one of them features high quality and so it will give you value for your money. Pick any of them that fit your needs and budget and make your order today.
In this post:
- 10 Best Drill Guide Attachments of 2021 Reviewed
- 1. Kreg K4MS – Best DIY Drill Guide Attachment
- 2. Big Gator Tools STD1000DGNP – Best Versatile
- 3. Milescraft 1312 – Best Budget
- 4. Milescraft 1318 – Best for Angled Cuts
- 5. Wolfcraft 4525404 – Best Multi-Angle
- 6. Dremel 335-01 – Best with Useful Accessories
- 7. Kreg MKJ – Best Positionable
- 8. Wolfcraft 4522000 – Best Lightweight
- 9. Taylor Toolworks 20510001A – Best for Perpendicular Holes
- 10. Milescraft 1097 – Best for All the Rotary Tools