This review of the Lay-Z-Spa Miami by Bestway will expose the faults and user opinion of this popular hot tub edition! We have tried many hot tubs over the years and believe that the Miami Lay-Z-Spa is one of the best!
In a wide variety of reviews, some faults are common and revealed before making a purchase! Although these do not hinder or cause any negatives to the enjoyment of this Lay-Z-Spa!
The Miami Lay-Z-Spa has a black surround with child safety clips for peace of mind when the product is not in use. These safety clips MUST NOT be relied upon on; young ones should stay clear of the hot tub at all times when not being used!
Costing around £450/600, the Miami spa fits around 3/4 adults comfortably and heats to around 40c when settings turned to max.
Our expert opinion on the series of Bestway Spas are very positive but which one should you choose for your family? Continue reading this Miami Lay-Z-Spa review and our experts will reveal both good and bad points from current users of this Product!
- 1 The Bestway Brand (Lay-Z-Spa)
- 2 Miami Review Breakdown
- 3 The Miami LAY-Z-SPA Edition
- 4 The Miami Hot Tub Breakdown!
- 5 Miami Lay-Z-Spa Issues
- 6 Our Miami Lay-Z-Spa Review
- 7 Maintaining Your Miami Lay-Z-Spa
- 8 Positives
- 9 Miami Price Breakdown and Review Rating:
- 10 Negatives
- 11 Customer Reviews:
- 12 The Warranty
- 13 The Initial Setup
- 14 The Miami Hot Tub Conclusion
The Bestway Brand (Lay-Z-Spa)
Bestway has cornered the market as of late, with thousands of products sold to many UK households. Their products are unique and well-branded/designed, with their pump/filtration systems, one of their best qualities. With a patented filtration system, the Bestway (Lay-Z-Spa) tops any other inflatable spa currently on the market.
Miami Review Breakdown
Our review system concentrates on user feedback and experiences, but our expert reviewers know a high-quality product when they use one. Yes, we have had a Miami hot tub from Bestway for five years and will be sharing our experiences, warnings and issues we experienced when using the Miami spa.
- Warnings & tech issues
- User experiences
- User reviews and testimonials
- Our overall rating & conclusion
The Miami LAY-Z-SPA Edition
The Miami Lay-Z-Spa was one of the first hot tubs sold by Bestway (2013) and has enjoyed many sales and positive reviews since sales began. But, there are issues with this edition (listed below).
You can comfortably fit four persons in the Miami hot tub; it holds around 800 litres of water that can be filtered by their patented filtration system within 2 hours!
The Miami Hot Tub Breakdown!
- Holds over 800 litres of water
- It takes around 2 hours to filter the hot tub totally
- From cold fill, it takes approximately 12 hours to reach the maximum temperature
- The electricity costs vary from supplier to supplier on avg: £25 to initially heat @£5/6 a week!
- Every Miami Lay-S-Spa comes with a safety and an inflatable liner
- With a digital panel where you can adjust the heat and 81 individual jets
Miami Lay-Z-Spa Issues
After many years of using this Bestway edition we have some negatives to reveal to our readers, although these problems are only cosmetic they need to be published and taken into account before purchasing a Miami Lay-Z-Spa:
- After around six months of use, the blue lining faded because due to the chlorine, although we never overused chlorine and only added the correct amount each time!
- The top ring is very thick and pops quite easily. We have had two issues when the ring deflating because of jewellery and the second time was when our dog decided to jump up onto the ring! Although easily repaired with the puncture repair kit provided, there will always be a weak spot once these issues happen!
- The motor will cut out if you knock it with your foot or accidentally sit on the filter. Another issue we found with the pump system was it cutting out randomly and emitting a high pitched alarm! Just make sure the housing unit is on a flat surface because it does tend to stop working from time to time!
Our Miami Lay-Z-Spa Review
The Miami Lay-Z-Spa is their most ordered model because the costs are reasonable and space is adequate for a family of 5. We know this product works great and provides hours of fun for the whole family. Its powerful motor keeps going and going and works like the day we purchased this model.
For quality, price and performance the Miami Lay-Z-Spa is the number 1 option in the UK for 2020!The Wezaggle Team
Setup was simple with their motor doing the hard work (inflating) attach the pump hose, and it will self raise in around 5 minutes. Find a suitable space that’s flat and stable because if the motor does not sit flat, the machine will cut out! Once fully inflated, attach the hose and it will be filled in 3/4 hours depending on your water pressure.
Maintaining Your Miami Lay-Z-Spa
Maintenance is super easy; we use Clearwater because it comes with dip tests, so you know you are using the correct amount of chlorine for a hot tub. Depending on the usage the filter will become clogged after a week or so.
Which is easily checked, unscrew the filter housing and inspect the filter, if it is full of grime, then it needs replacing. It is imperative to keep on top of these maintenance issues because the motor will cut out if it cannot pull water through the filtration system!
- Check the filter once a week by unscrewing the housing inside the hot tub, make sure you have spare, clean filters ready for use!
- Be sure to check chlorine levels every other day because of chlorine evaporates quickly due to heat and bubbles
- Check the pressure to the top ring and surround, if it feels low top up with the hose provided
The Miami Lay-Z-Spa by Bestway is the most affordable hot tub experience around. It works great and receives a much higher rate of positive reviews when compared to the alternatives. If you’re going to buy a hot tub for you or your partner or entertainment for the family, you cannot go wrong with the Miami edition!
- The most purchased hot tub currently in the UK
- User reviews are far more positive than negative
- A durable PVC/rubber lining that can hold an adult
- Full setup, fill and heat in 12 hours
- Safety 3 clips to release the safety lid
- Complete setting and digital display
- Over 80 pressure jets for the whole spa experience!
Miami Price Breakdown and Review Rating:
- Initial Setup & Installation: 5/5
- Price RANGE: 4/5
- Quality Of Product: 5/5
- Airjet Power 4/5
- Average £450 – £650
Negative reviews and bad feedback are not so familiar with this model. Although some Miami Lay-Z-Spa reviews report some common faults we have experienced over the years:
- Keep the filter sitting flat, or it will cut out and emit an alarm
- Do not wear jewellery or allow pets to jump up on the ring because it can pop easily
- After a few months, you will find the blue inside will start to fade
Apart from these three negatives the Miami Hot tub still ranks No 1 in the UK on reliability and performance!
“Having the Miami hot tub in my garden is great; it keeps its heat well and comes with a powerful enclosed motor. We have not had any issues with the filter system since we bought this hot tub six months ago! I do not have any negatives concerning my purchase but will update my Miami hot tub review if things take a turn for the worst! Dan Andrews, UK.”
“After two years of constant use even in the winter months, our take on the Miami hot tub is amazing! I have had many hot tubs with never-ending pump issues! I was impressed with the setup, performance and durability of its pump system which has never stopped working or triggered an alarm as many other testimonials have revealed! SUKI, UK.”
Bestway provides an excellent customer care line and offers a free years warranty on every Lay-Z-Spa sold by them. Warranties are extendable after this time with a small fee. We have seen reviews about missing parts, split seems and faulty pumps so make sure you keep all documents and contact customer straight away if you experience a problem!
The Initial Setup
Once your hot tub is delivered, you will be presented with a large box, unpackage it and keep hold of the how-to guide. Clear an area and make sure it’s clear of any debris that might puncture your hot tub. Setup is easy as long as you follow the Bestway’s simple instructions.
Attach the hose and select the pump to fill up the lining. Once the filling/lining has reached maximum pressure, move onto the top ring and fill until its firm to the touch. Reconnect all hoses and screw the filter housing inside the hot tub, be sure to add a filter and you are good to go. The filling process takes around 3/4 hours, depending on your local water pressure.
Once it’s filled to the line (wave) turn the pump on and set your temperature, on average it takes around 12 hours to fully heated from a cold fill! Make sure you have put your floater in with a chlorine table provided with every new hot tub from Bestway!
The Miami Hot Tub Conclusion
You cannot go wrong with the Miami hot tub from Bestway; it’s by far the best and most affordable hot tub in the range. But, if you’re looking for something a bit bigger than we would recommend the Palm Springs hot tub due to its size and popularity!
We recommend the Miami hot tub to our readers due to it getting the thumbs up from the experts at Wezaggle!