In recent years there has been a huge influx of inflatable hot tubs from Bestway, MSpa, Cosy Spa and Wave Spa mentioning but a few. But which one makes it onto our list of the best inflatable hot tubs for the UK?
Good competition keeps prices competitive and improves the overall quality of the hot tub market! Deciding which inflatable hot tub is the best for you and your family should be based on engineering, size and quality!
We all know a decent inflatable hot tub can cost upwards of £450. Making hot tubs and spas one of the most expensive pieces of equipment for your garden? So, make sure you choose wisely!
The Benefits Of Inflatable Hot Tubs
Hot tubs have now become accessible in recent years because of engineering technology, only recently could you have your very own hot tub in your garden without paying over £10/15k!
Inflatable hot tubs are easy to move, set up and maintain with the right research and chemicals. Our job today is to reveal to you the experience we have gained from choosing a hot tub while getting the most for our money!
You get all-year-round fun with the family and precious together time with your partner! Plus you will be keeping up with the Jones and a hot tub looks great in the garden at night with lights, steam and bubbles!
TOP TIP: Discover the latest Lay-Z-Spa accessories so you can get the best hot tub experience for you and the family!
- Fun for all the family
- Can be used all year round
- Suitable for parties and family gatherings
- Looks great in any garden
- Easily maintained
- Setup takes around 1-hour
We Reveal The Best Inflatable Hot Tubs?
Discover the best inflatable hot tubs that can be used all year round, rated and reviewed for quality, comfort, history and pricing!
- Quality level
- Review history
- Overall price range
- Guarantee and warranty
Our Best Pick: The Miami Lay-Z-Spa!
The Miami edition by Bestway is a superior inflatable hot tub that can comfortably seat up to 3/4 people. It’s the smallest model but is easily the most popular and affordable on the market.
With a price tag of around £450/550, it’s one of the cheapest hot tubs but works exceptionally well and heats to around 40c. This why we have listed the Miami model as the BEST all-around inflatable hot tub!
The Lay-z-Spa (Bestway) models are easily moved to different locations of the garden and can be deflated and packed away when not in use. It takes around 4 hours to fill and about 12 hours to get to maximum heat; 40°C or 104°F.
- Read our full Miami review
- Maximum temp: 40°C or 104°F
- Comfortably fits two adults or 3/4 children
- Total fill with good household water pressure: 4/5hrs
- Heat time is around 12 hours @10/15£ electricity costs
- Setup is simple to follow and takes about 1hr (use instruction!)
Second Best: The Monaco Lay-Z-Spa
The Lay-Z-Spa Monaco model is our second pick because of its size and powerful jets! It costs considerably more than the Miami model @£650 – 750 although you get a much bigger space with air jets and a much deeper space for comfort!
The Monaco model also has an inflatable wall that’s strong and sturdy, unlike the other models which inflate with a wide ring around the top. This inflatable ring is also prone to pop with jewellery and other sharp objects!
- Read the full Monaco review
- Maximum temp: 40°C or 104°F
- Comfortably fits 5/6 adults or seven children
- Total fill with good water pressure: 5/6hrs
- Heat time is around 13/14 hours @30/40£ electricity costs
- Setup is simple to follow and takes about 1.30hr
Third Best: MSpa Alpine Square
Depending on your garden space, a square hot tub fits better, especially if you have a more square garden design! Another benefit is if you have separated your garden into sections for privacy screening.
With its maximum temperature of 42°C or 107.6°F, this model is more cost-effective even when compared to other leading inflatable hot tubs.
- Read the full MSpa Alpine review
- Maximum temp: 42°C or 107.6°F
- Comfortably fits 5/6 adults
- Total fill with good water pressure: 3/4hrs
- Heat time is around 10/12 hours @20/30£ electricity costs
- Setup is simple to follow and takes about 1.30hr
Inflatable Hot Tub & Spa Accessories
There are many Lay-Z-Spa accessories you will need for your hot tubs experience to go swimmingly. These accessories include mats, seats, covers, floaters and chlorine to keep the water stay clear and algae free.
Depending on the inflatable brand of a hot tub depends on the accessories included within the price!
- Seats and pillows: Great for comfort but not an essential part of the hot tub experience
- Chlorine and floaters: Most inflatable hot tubs will come with a weeks supply of chlorine and a floater
- Matts/pads: All hot tubs include a sponge filled floor, but depending on the surface area, you might want extra lining for comfort!
- Steps: Great for children and adults who might find it hard to step over the hot tub walls.
- Hot tub surround: Surrounds come in half-moon shapes and can be sat on and submerged in your hot tub
- Floating LED lights: Lights are a great way to maximize your inflatable hot tub experience
- Extra Filters: Depending on the use/traffic, you might have to change your filter every few days.
- Hoovers: Yes, you can buy hot tub hoovers that clean any sand or grit from the bottom on the H.T
Selecting The Best Inflatable Hot Tub!
When it comes to inflatable hot tubs, you must choose a product that will fit your needs. Taking size, weight and portability into account is key to the best inflatable hot tub experience!
Inflatable Hot Tub Maintenance
Maintaining your hot tub is super easy as long as you keep on top of the filter and chlorine levels. Having spare filters is key for crystal clear water because they can clog up easily depending on the amount of time you spend enjoying the inflatable.
Chlorine & PH levels should be checked every other day and topped up accordingly depending on the dip test. Always start the filter after you have used your product, most models will filter its contents within 4/5 hours!
- Check chlorine levels daily
- Use a dip test for PH & chlorine levels
- Check/replace the filter on a weekly basis
- Always filter after use for a minimum of 5hrs
Will my decking/patio hold my hot tub?
The short answer is yes, but make sure you check your decking has the correct type of wooden frame.
If your decking is old or rotten, then you should get the frame reinforced before you fill the inflatable hot tub, because you might split the timber when filled!
A Patio should be fine for a hot tub if it has a solid base. If it’s just a sand base, you might see a dent when you remove your hoot tub!
How long will my inflatable hot tub last?
We have had our hot tub for over 5 years now, apart from the discolouring it’s as good as the day we purchased it! The lifespan of a hot tub might change with different brands.
What is the best temperature for my hot tub?
For hotter months we tend to have our hot tub at 35c, in the winter months we crank it up to the maximum. But this will depend on your own preferences. Some people find 40/42c to hot in the summer months and find it makes them feel faint.
What is the average running costs of hot tubs?
When people purchase an inflatable hot tub, they do not take the running costs into account. For smaller hot tubs you should expect an initial 10/20£ to get it to maximum temperature.
Then, 5/6£ a week to keep it filtered and heated. For bigger models such as Monaco, you should expect to pay 6/7£ weekly and an initial 20/30£ for the first 12 hours.
More Inflatable Hot Tub Reviews!
Listed below are some of our more detailed inflatable hot tub reviews. We have listed all the good and bad points for each model, with added user reviews and feedback!
Always make sure you are protected because anything can go wrong, so make sure you have a warranty, failing that it’s covered by your house insurance!
Double-check when the warranty can be renewed because you just never know and it will be an expensive job to replace!
We hope you have enjoyed our list of the best inflatable hot tubs for the UK. If you have any other recommendations or comments then feel free to share advice below!