With a wide range of brands such as Bestway, Intex, Helsinki and CleverSpa! The Inflatable hot tub market has never been so popular in recent years! But don’t get me wrong!
Good competition brings down prices and improves the overall quality of the hot tub market! But, deciding which inflatable hot tub is the best for your family can come at a price. Because we all know a decent inflatable hot tub can cost upwards of £400.
Hot tubs have now become accessible in recent years because of technology, only recently could you have your very own hot tub in your garden without paying over £10/15k!
Inflatable hot tubs are easy to move, set up and maintain with the right chemicals. Our job today is to reveal to our readers the experience we have gained from choosing an affordable inflatable H.T product while getting the most out of your money!
- 1 Why Buy An Inflatable Hot Tub?
- 2 Our Top Pick: Miami Lay-Z-Spa By Bestway
- 3 Second Hot Tub: Monaco Lay-Z-Spa
- 4 Third Option: MSpa Alpine Square
- 5 Hot Tub Accessories
- 6 Choosing The Perfect Inflatable Hot Tub?
- 7 Inflatable Hot Tub Maintenance
- 8 Inflatable Hot Tub FAQ’S
- 9 Our Conclusion
Why Buy An Inflatable Hot Tub?
You get all-year-round fun with the family and precious together time with your partner! Plus you will be keeping up with the Jones and a hot tub looks great in the garden at night with lights, steam and bubbles!
We currently have a Miami & Vegas Bestway hot tub that we have had for over four years, apart from discolouring due to chlorine they still work like new!
- Fun for all the family
- Can be used all year round
- Suitable for parties and family gatherings
- Looks great in any garden
Our Top Pick: Miami Lay-Z-Spa By Bestway
The Miami edition by Bestway is a superior inflatable hot tub that can comfortably seat up to 2/3 people. It is the smallest model but is easily the most popular and affordable model on the market. With a price tag of around £350/400, it is one of the cheapest models but works exceptionally well and heats to around 40c.
The Lay-z-Spa (Bestway) models are easily moved to different locations of the garden and can be deflated and packed away when not in use. It takes around 4 hours to fill and about 12 hours to get to maximum heat; 40°C or 104°F. With a cost of around £6 a week of electricity after the initial £30/40 to get it up to heat!
- Maximum temp: 40°C or 104°F
- Comfortably fits two adults or 3/4 children
- Total fill with good water pressure: 4/5hrs
- Heat time is around 12 hours @30/40£ electricity costs
- Setup is simple to follow and takes about 1hr
Miami Lay-Z-Spa By Bestway 329
Product Name: Miami
Product Description: The Miami hot tub from Bestway is the most popular and comes highly recommended by us here at Wezaggle. Its offer the most value for money and provides years of fun!
Offer price: 329
Offer URL: https://wezaggle.com/lay-z-spa-miami-hot-tub-review/
Valid until: 2026-01-15
Second Hot Tub: Monaco Lay-Z-Spa
Lay-Z-Spa Monaco is our second pick because of its size and powerful jets! It costs considerably more than the Miami model @£670 although you get a much bigger space with air jets and a much deeper space for your family and friends.
The Monaco model also has an inflatable wall that’s strong and sturdy unlike the other models which inflate with a wide ring around the top, that can pop with jewellery and other sharp objects!
- Maximum temp: 40°C or 104°F
- Comfortably fits 5/6 adults or seven children
- Total fill with good water pressure: 5/6hrs
- Heat time is around 13/14 hours @30/40£ electricity costs
- Setup is simple to follow and takes about 1.30hr
Lay-Z-Spa Monaco By Bestway 595
Product Name: Monaco Lay-Z-Spa
Product Description: The Monaco Lay-Z-Spa is currently the biggest on the market. There is not another hot tub than can provide the size, quality and value for money like Bestway's Monaco edition!
Offer price: 595
Offer URL: https://wezaggle.com/lay-z-spa-monaco-bestway-hot-tub-review/
Valid until: 2025-01-15
Third Option: MSpa Alpine Square
The Alpine model is NOT from Bestway but deserves a mention because of the sheer amount of positive reviews it receives. It’s a square model that fits around 5/6 adults, at a price of £586, which is good when compared to other models!
Depending on your garden space, a square hot tub fits better, especially if you have a more square garden design!
With its maximum temperature of 42°C or 107.6°F, this model is more cost-effective even when compared to other leading brands.
The set up was simple and was fully set up and filled within three hours. With over 130 water jets easily controlled from the master settings.
- Maximum temp: 42°C or 107.6°F
- Comfortably fits 5/6 adults
- Total fill with good water pressure: 3/4hrs
- Heat time is around 10/12 hours @20/30£ electricity costs
- Setup is simple to follow and takes about 1.30hr
Hot Tub Accessories
There are a few accessories you will need for your hot tubs experience to go swimmingly. These accessories include mats, seats, covers, floaters and chlorine to keep the water clear and algae free.
Depending on the inflatable brand of a hot tub depends on the accessories included within the price!
- Seats and pillows: Great for comfort but not an essential part of the hot tub experience
- Chlorine and floaters: Most inflatable hot tubs will come with a weeks supply of chlorine and a floater
- Matts/pads: All hot tubs include a sponge filled floor, but depending on the surface area, you might want extra lining for comfort!
- Steps: Great for children and adults who might find it hard to step over the hot tub walls.
- Hot tub surround: Surrounds come in half-moon shapes and can be sat on and submerged in your hot tub
- Floating LED lights: Lights are a great way to maximize your inflatable hot tub experience
- Extra Filters: Depending on the use/traffic, you might have to change your filter every few days.
- Hoovers: Yes, you can buy hot tub hoovers that clean any sand or grit from the bottom on the H.T
Choosing The Perfect Inflatable Hot Tub?
When it comes to inflatable hot tubs, you must choose a product that will fit your needs. Taking size, weight and portability into account is key to a great hot tub experience!
Depending on your space, you will want to have an extra matt for comfort or a ladder for anyone who might find it hard to access the inflatable hot tub.
Inflatable Hot Tub Maintenance
Maintaining your hot tub is super easy as long as you keep on top of the filter and chlorine levels. Having spare filters is key for crystal clear water because they can clog up easily depending on the amount of time you spend enjoying the inflatable. Chlorine & PH levels should be checked every other day and topped up accordingly depending on the dip test.
- Check chlorine levels daily
- Use a dip test for PH & chlorine levels
- Check/replace the filter on a weekly basis
Inflatable Hot Tub FAQ’S
Will my decking/patio hold my hot tub?
The short answer is yes, but make sure you check your decking has a wooden frame. If your decking is old or rotten, then you should get the frame reinforced before you fill the inflatable hot tub, because you might split the timber when filled! A Patio should be fine for a hot tub if it has a solid base. If it’s just a sand base, you might see a dent when you remove your hoot tub
How long will my hot tub last?
We have had our hot tub for over 5 years now, apart from the discolouring it’s as good as the day we purchased it! The lifespan of a hot tub might
What is the best temperature for the summer/winter months?
For hotter months we tend to have our hot tub at 35c, in the winter months we crank it up to the maximum. But this will depend on your own preferences. Some people find 40/42c to hot in the summer months and find it makes them feel faint
What is the average running costs of hot tubs?
When people purchase an inflatable hot tub, they do not take the running costs into account. For smaller hot tubs you should expect an initial 20/30£ to get it to maximum temperature. Then, 5/6£ a week to keep it up to heat. For bigger models such as Monaco, you should expect to pay 6/7£ weekly and an initial 30/40£ for the first 12 hours.
Inflatable hot tubs are great for all the family they bring everyone together and offer hours of fun and relaxation time. But, always make sure you are protected because anything can go wrong, so make sure you have a warranty, failing that it’s covered by your house insurance!
Double-check when the warranty can be renewed because you just never know and it will be an expensive job to replace!